"M" goes for a swim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "M" goes for a swim

Well...does that price include the pond?
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

If that Cadillac is on a trailer, have fun hitching!
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Digg that '58 in the back round!!!

StudeDave '57
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

All kidding aside, that may be no more than a wet weather puddle. However, think of the wonderful artwork of Norman Rockwell. Wouldn't it be great to see a painting of a little coverall clad boy, straw hat, fishing pole in hand, sitting on the front fender with his trusty dog by his side, and not a care in the world on a sunny spring day.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I wonder why it is that the best Vehicles, sometimes the ones that draw the most interest are always in the background, not the ones advertised for sale?

I would not look twice at a "M" Series, but be interested pretty quick in a '58, maybe Starlight Hardtop and a '57 or so Transtar, or even that Cab Over Mercedes.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              I wonder why it is that the best Vehicles, sometimes the ones that draw the most interest are always in the background, not the ones advertised for sale?

I would not look twice at a "M" Series, but be interested pretty quick in a '58, maybe Starlight Hardtop.
              If you look at the extreme left of the '58 pic, you can make out the door post, negating it as a H/T.

You may recall that I owned a black '58 Packard H/T while working at Frost & French. I sold it to Jim Swank in 1977 who still owns it today. I've seen pics of it on this site.

I also owned a '58 Starlight H/T around the same time, it was purple and when I finished rubbing out the paint, my hands were purple.

Comment

I have room for the caddy!
                I can also figure out how to get it out of there no prob.

Dean.

Comment

They're crazy...... $26k?

Comment

Noticed the M in gray primer looks to have hinges on the windshield frame.
                    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                      That is correct, IIRC Studebaker got permission from the Goverment to build 400 M-15 pick-up trucks in mid 1945 to sell to farms primaraly.
                      They used, I beleve C9 cabs as those were the cabs used on the US6x6 2.5 ton military trucks, which had top hinged windshield that would pevit out from the bottom for ventilation.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

The War Production Board informed automakers in September 1944 that they could resume production of trucks for the civilian market, but none were assembled until 1945. FoMoCo assembled slightly over 21,000 114" wheelbase trucks in 1945, of which 19,706 were pickups.

Studebaker "GI issue" trucks are easy to tell from other GI's due to the extreme slope of their windshields. Most were 'Lend Leased' to the Russkies, but some were used in the PTO (Pacific Theater of Operations).

GI Studebakers were used during the construction of the ALCAN Highway, the first vehicle to drive the completed highway was a Studebaker 6x6.

In Glenallen AK, there's an ALCAN roadside museum that contains among other things, 2 very rusty GI Studebaker 6x6's. The Alaska Transportation Museum in Wasilla has a GI Studebaker 6x6 dump truck, possibly the only one extant in the US.
                          Last edited by WinM1895; 12-03-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

"They're crazy...... $26k?"

Between that guy in Denver and this guy in California, they've got a veritable GOLD MINE!!!

http://visalia.craigslist.org/cto/4213006180.html
                            Last edited by kurtruk; 12-03-2013, 08:12 PM.
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                            X