X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last drive of the season

sigpic
    Jim

I know what you mean. Our winters here in the Willamette Valley of Oregon are not nearly as tough as you get in Ohio, but we get plenty of wind and rain and some occasional snow, so we tend to put our babies in the garage for the winter as well. I took my '50 Commander for a run down to Lebanon, Oregon to visit a fellow club member and get some new hubs pressed into a pair of brake drums for my truck. It is about a 150 round trip. The good news is she ran beautifully and the heater kept me comfortable the whole trip. The bad news is I will now think about how good that trip was all winter long and will pine for Spring the whole time.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Glad you guys were able to get out for a last hurrah. I hope to have our 53 out one more time on December 5th when our chapter is visiting an automotive trade school that we funded a scholarship for. Forecast looks good now. Then it is into the shop for winter projects including new front spindles and brakes and re-installing the parking brakes that were removed before I had it.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

......life is short.....here in Mass I drive my Studes 12 months of the year. If it snows and they apply salt or whatever they call the new "slush" application, I wait til it rains 3 times, then I take the car out again, and repeat. I am lucky in that I live close enough to the ocean for mostly rain vs. snow...There's just something about the sound of that heater motor noisily churning at high speed that works for me.....

Comment

The insurance ran out on my truck two weeks ago, so it is safely tucked away for the winter.
          But, today is a beautiful sunny, and crisp - 8 degree day outside......it would be a great day to be out cruising.
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I still try to drive mine at least every couple of weeks during the winter. We do get "sun breaks" here in Oregon, even during the long rainy season and I guess a little rain won't hurt now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
              I still try to drive mine at least every couple of weeks during the winter. We do get "sun breaks" here in Oregon, even during the long rainy season and I guess a little rain won't hurt now and then.
              You are correct. You are not far from me so you get the same weather. I guess I am a little too timid with the Commander. The truck on the other hand gets driven every day to work, no matter the weather. So I still have a smile on my face.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
              X