1953 Studebaker Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: 1953 Studebaker Champion

I remove the Intake Manifold on my 6 Cylinder flat head and there is a Metal intake and Exhaust gasket one piece, where do you buy these gaskets. Can anyone help me to locate one of these gaskets.

Thanks earles1985@aol.com

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

All of the Studebaker vendors will have this gasket. Several of them post on this forum, so hopefully they will chime in.

I use Studebakers West in California 650-366-8787
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I see you are new to the forum and want to welcome you and suggest that you join the club. There are 2 chapters near you, the Ontario Chapter and Hamilton Chapter both have web sites so I will promote no more. I would suggest the Canadian Studebaker will likely have your gasket. This way the border is not a problem with cost and delay in shipping. Aside from which they are Chapter members and great people to deal with. Again welcome and hope to see your car when the cruising season resumes.
      Bob
      Bob
      Welland Ontario
      60 Lark Convertible
      64 Daytona
      sigpic
      "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Start here...

http://www.studebakervendors.com/

Specific to your post....
        While you have your intake/exhaust manifold off, check your gasket surfaces (on the manifold) with a long straightedge.
        They tend to warp and you get alternate high and low surfaces.
        This can cause a vacuum leak if not taken care of.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)
        Jeff
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thank you very much, Is there an Email Address for those chapters so I can contact one of them, also thank you for the info it is much appreciated, I am new to these Cars, but they are fun to work on
          Earl

Comment

Both Chapters have web sites and can be located by googling "Studebaker Drivers Club" which will take you to the "big" club where about 12,000+ belong. There is a sub menu there which will take you to the chapters sites. As for Canadian Studebaker, just search using "Canadian Studebaker" and this will take you to their website where I see they stock your gasket. They are just east of Toronto in Campbleford I think, and ship promptly.
            Bob
            64 Daytona
            60 Lark Convertible
            Bob
            Welland Ontario
            60 Lark Convertible
            64 Daytona
            sigpic
            "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Here's the Hamilton Chapter...

http://www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca/