PDA

View Full Version : Mirror templates

JER
11-23-2013, 01:22 AM
Have been trying to locate the source for a template for the left outside mirror on a '56 Hawk Can some one put me in the right direction?
Thanks a bunch. JER

avantilover
11-23-2013, 01:56 AM
Two suggestions: contact the 1956 Golden Hawk Register as Registrar Frank Ambrogio will have information. 1956gpoldenhawk.com.

Contact Daniel Smith from Michigan as he is holder of various templates including a couple for the Stratoline (AC-2836) and outside rear view mirror door and fender locations (AC-3310). 810-956-6688
Items are $2 each including postage, but by the 19th Century method of sending a check rather than the 21st Century method of PayPal. All the best with your car.

woodysrods
11-23-2013, 10:38 AM
I just looked at a lot of pictures of Hawks, then to my new mirrors purchase from Studebaker International, sat in the car and hade my ife move the mirrors back and forth and up and down until the best location was achieved that was the same on both sides.
Worked for me?
Good Roads
Brian

raoul5788
11-23-2013, 11:03 AM
I was under the impression that there was no template for side view mirrors since they were a dealer installed item, wherever the customer wanted it. Apparently I'm wrong!

StudeRich
11-23-2013, 09:46 PM
I was under the impression that there was no template for side view mirrors since they were a dealer installed item, wherever the customer wanted it. Apparently I'm wrong!

I don't think so, actually your response makes the most sense; and I know it works because I have been there, done that!

raoul5788
11-23-2013, 09:52 PM
I don't think so, actually your response makes the most sense; and I know it works because I have been there, done that!

Now there's something I don't hear very often! :)

StudeRich
11-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Now there's something I don't hear very often! :)

Well hey Chip, you can always claim to be a Stude. NUT in training! :D

raoul5788
11-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Well, I've been a Stude nut for over 50 years, you would think I'd be fully trained by now! :D

studegary
11-24-2013, 11:29 AM

Because they were dealer installed is the main reason that Studebaker issued a template for them. This gives a uniform location for them. The same would apply to templates for other dealer installed items (added post build) like; antenna, back up light (when mounted separate), extra ornaments (ex.: hood)/nameplates (ex.: Automatic Drive).