Trim Chart for 2R truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Chart for 2R truck

Im looking for a trim chart for a 2R16A truck. I would like to redo my truck in the original colors. Gary Ash was kind enough to furnish me with a paint chart for the exterior colors, now I need to find out what trim code T6041 means.
    Bob

Bob Picard
    1951 2R16A Fuel Truck
    Anchor Point, Alaska

Well, you could have any color of interior trim you wanted in an R series truck...as long as it was SADDLE TAN! It was used on the windshield mouldings, door panels, seat frame, Instr. cluster panel, glove box door, visors and headliner.

The inside of cab, dash and doors (except door panels) were exterior color.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich for the info. It Is what I was looking for.
      Perhaps you can tell me if saddle tan was the color also used for the "insert" color for the grille. Most restorations that I have seen have a two tone grille. Were all the grilles two tone or were some all one color? My exterior color is Cherokee red. In addition, I am currently redoing the brakes and I wonder what color to paint the hubs, drums and lug nuts. My wheel color is red, but the truck brochure I saw looked like the wheels were red and the rest of stuff that shows seems to be black. Is that Correct?
      Thanks.
      Bob Picard

Bob Picard
      1951 2R16A Fuel Truck
      Anchor Point, Alaska

Comment

No, the grille slot surrounds and the front bumper trim color were much lighter, kind of between off-white and beige. I just looked at a factory photo of the "driveaway lot" full of new '49 Trucks and I can see that a 1/2 Ton '49 had the bumper stripe reversed: (body color center, off-white top and bottom) from what I have seen on larger '52 Models, so now I am not sure which is correct for your's. Maybe someone at the Studebaker Truck site knows or has owned many R series trucks.

Drums were black and soon became rust, I really don't know about the hub and lug nuts, most current ones have been painted wheel color, but not sure if it's correct. Usually the wheel split-rim rings (if equipped) were silver.

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X