Ouch... load out fail on Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch... load out fail on Avanti

Friend was loading out a freshly, fully restored Avanti this AM to send to Palm Springs Auction. Ramp failure with damage. Cosmetic rather than serious.

Just another reminder to be careful on load out.

I sold a Porsche to a guy who thought he could unload it himself. It rolled down the ramps across the driveway into a parked van. Not a pretty sight.

Comment

On- and off-loading accidents aren't that rare. Ask most any car dealership...accidents happen with new cars as well. When I was working at an auto repair place many years ago the local Ford dealer was across the street. We saw a new car go off the side of the transporter truck ramp once. No matter how careful people are, things go wrong every now and then.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I once saw an auto transporter stopped on the shoulder. Something in the trailer's structure or operating mechanism for the rear-most upper ramp had failed - on one side - and the platform had dropped down. Not only was it resting on the car on the lower level, the upper ramp was at a sideways angle between the uprights and the upper car was pressed against the right-side uprights.

Mark L
        Mark L

Comment

Working...
        X