Sold my '32 Stude, kinda sad... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold my '32 Stude, kinda sad... :(

Well, I've been struggling with what to do with my 1932 Regal 55 sedan and unexpectedly got an offer for it so I am sadly parting with it. I finally realized I won't be able to restore it the way I'd like and found someone who wants it so hopefully it will be back on the road again. I bought it in pieces in the summer of 2003 and assembled it enough to drive it to the 2004 ASC Zone meet. I ended up putting about 500 miles on it before deciding to restore it. Started the process, but my wife passed away after a long battle with cancer so I put everything on hold. At my age and the rate I'm getting things done and my dwindling financial resources I would be dead long before it got finished so it's time to face reality. Had lots of fun driving it though.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	P9110041.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	1741215Click image for larger version

Name:	P9110044.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1741216

Believe I carried a story on your '32 in The Antique Studebaker Review some years ago. We do get attached to them don't we?? Under the circumstances I am sure you made the right decision. You have the memories!
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Too bad you had to sell it, but we all are faced with those decisions at some time. The car is gorgeous. I've always loved those oval headlamps.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

One can only do so much, plus keep up with your other rides.

Comment

Well...I just turned 69. One of my long "someday" dreams has been to own/restore/enjoy a nice pre-war Studebaker. Although I still cling to the dream, I am realizing that the likely prospect of making it a reality is getting less with each passing day.

However, I have been so blessed, in so many ways, that I am thankful for...it allows me to enjoy the moment, and prevents me from being consumed with regrets. Thank you for being a good steward by taking care of that beautiful car. You have the satisfaction of the memories. Passing it to another, relieves you of the responsibility, and assures that you provided a valuable contribution to our "vintage vehicle community."

As a side note, folks seem to usually think of headlights as the "eyes" of a car's expression. However, to me, those elegant oval headlights of the "32's" remind me of the big ears of a deer on full-alert...attentive, bright, and ready for action. Some of these vintage cars are wonderful places to just sneak away to sit quietly, and meditate. The '32's are especially suited for that purpose.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
            Believe I carried a story on your '32 in The Antique Studebaker Review some years ago. We do get attached to them don't we?? Under the circumstances I am sure you made the right decision. You have the memories!
            Yes, thanks for reminding me. The story appeared in the Jan/Feb 2005 issue of Antique Studebaker Review.

Comment

Working...
            X