X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to sell my R1 Hawk

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200030322629

My older sister was in a really nasty car accident a few years ago, her ex was driving and pulled out on a country road and got t-boned. Now, she needs surgery or she won't be able to user her left arm again. She didn't tell me that medical bills and such wiped her out. So, my Hawk is for sale so I can help her out. Between my brother and me, she'll be ok. Hope the Hawk gets a good home!

Beautiful car. Love the ad!

Comment

Beautiful car. Love the ad!

Comment

Yes, beautiful car, and an awesome ad- I love it!!! [:0] [^] [8D]

StudeDave [8D]
        V/P San Diego County SDC
        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
        '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
        '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
        '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Yes, beautiful car, and an awesome ad- I love it!!! [:0] [^] [8D]

StudeDave [8D]
          V/P San Diego County SDC
          San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
          '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
          '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
          '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
          '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
          '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

That is a beautiful car and the ad had me laughing. I hope you sell to someone that will love it and take care of it.

Randy_G

This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

That is a beautiful car and the ad had me laughing. I hope you sell to someone that will love it and take care of it.

Randy_G

This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Your car is truly magnificent! Too bad you need to sell it, but I wish you well. More importantly, I hope your sister does well. I can't imagine the agony she's going through.
                Best of luck.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Your car is truly magnificent! Too bad you need to sell it, but I wish you well. More importantly, I hope your sister does well. I can't imagine the agony she's going through.
                  Best of luck.
                  Rog
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Nice car. Good luck. I would think that tips and gratuities would be accepted, rather than "excepted." I guess that it means that you won't take any extra money <G>.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Nice car. Good luck. I would think that tips and gratuities would be accepted, rather than "excepted." I guess that it means that you won't take any extra money <G>.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Give Gary a cigar. He's the only one that noticed that! I was wondering if anyone would catch it.

Comment

Give Gary a cigar. He's the only one that noticed that! I was wondering if anyone would catch it.

Comment

Well Dave - which story's the true one? The sister or the girlfriend?

Nice Hawk. I had a momentary impulse streak thru me to enter a bid, but I remembered I'm not a fan of GTs that much - admittedly nice example that this one is.[:I]

I'd call to chat, but you'd just be irritated that I'd called to discuss my lost turtle (Lost last fall actually) and didn't pose any questions about the Hawk.

Like other's here, I was amused (a bit) by the whimsical wit that's liberally sprinkled thru the body of your description. It must've been good (I'll go back and read it again, more objectively)because I got caught up in the phony fervor where you promise that the car will garner one the "Attention they deserve". It was that promise that momentarily made me forget myself and think about logging a bid.[B)]
                            See, I've never felt that I've ever experienced that - the FULL measure of the attention I deserve, that is. It's not for lack of trying to draw such, it's just that I've never struck upon the facet of my being that would generate the attention I so richly deserve (and I KNOW that facet's lurking within me SOMEwhere!)

I sincerely hope your sister does well in the long run. My wife broke her wrist in a fall two weeks ago and it's been tough for both of us with her being handicapped even a little bit.

If I may, I'd like to ask some other questions regarding the photos attached to the auction.
                            1st: I see where you're NOT selling that Dodge in the garage (notice the rhyme to that?)[^] How could it be that you've elected to keep a DODGE over a Studebaker???? This does not compute.
                            And 2ndly: Those trunk overlays are rare anymore and hotly sought by folks who like GTs. The idea of relegating it to the task of Air Dam on a dammed Pontiac - well, I have to hold my keys to keep from saying something would make Bob Shaw reach for his delete button.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe
                            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well Dave - which story's the true one? The sister or the girlfriend?

Nice Hawk. I had a momentary impulse streak thru me to enter a bid, but I remembered I'm not a fan of GTs that much - admittedly nice example that this one is.[:I]

I'd call to chat, but you'd just be irritated that I'd called to discuss my lost turtle (Lost last fall actually) and didn't pose any questions about the Hawk.

Like other's here, I was amused (a bit) by the whimsical wit that's liberally sprinkled thru the body of your description. It must've been good (I'll go back and read it again, more objectively)because I got caught up in the phony fervor where you promise that the car will garner one the "Attention they deserve". It was that promise that momentarily made me forget myself and think about logging a bid.[B)]
                              See, I've never felt that I've ever experienced that - the FULL measure of the attention I deserve, that is. It's not for lack of trying to draw such, it's just that I've never struck upon the facet of my being that would generate the attention I so richly deserve (and I KNOW that facet's lurking within me SOMEwhere!)

I sincerely hope your sister does well in the long run. My wife broke her wrist in a fall two weeks ago and it's been tough for both of us with her being handicapped even a little bit.

If I may, I'd like to ask some other questions regarding the photos attached to the auction.
                              1st: I see where you're NOT selling that Dodge in the garage (notice the rhyme to that?)[^] How could it be that you've elected to keep a DODGE over a Studebaker???? This does not compute.
                              And 2ndly: Those trunk overlays are rare anymore and hotly sought by folks who like GTs. The idea of relegating it to the task of Air Dam on a dammed Pontiac - well, I have to hold my keys to keep from saying something would make Bob Shaw reach for his delete button.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X