Looking for this car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for this car

I have a friend who is looking for the present owner of a car that his brother owned. It is a 1932 President Coupe, rumble seat, golf club door, side mounts, Tripp lights, etc.. His brother sold it to the late Bill Goodwin, a car collector in Frankfort IN. Goodwin evidently resold the car.

The picture was taken in 1964. The car was originally brown and was repainted dark blue.

If at first you don't succeed you will get a lot of advice.

Lark Parker
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

If at first you don't succeed ,sky-divings probaly not for you.

Comment

If at first you don't succeed ,sky-divings probaly not for you.

Comment

What a awesome car best of luck in finding your lost treasure!!!!! happy hunting STONEMAN!

Comment

What a awesome car best of luck in finding your lost treasure!!!!! happy hunting STONEMAN!

Comment

I am almost 100% certain (OK 99.8%) that this is a Commander and not a President. The two cars looked identical and differed in outward appearance only in the longer hood and wheelbase on the President. I went to look at this car in the lates 1970's and at that time it belonged to a Harold Fairchild and I believe he was in Napannee, Indiana. He was in the printing business. It was a very nice car but I did not have the $6000 at that time. It was subsequently purchased by Paul Wichterman (of Pendell, PA) who took it to a "restorer" in Lewistown, Pa. He never got around to working on it so it was taken to Jim Schoffstall in Tremont, PA and he completed it in c2001. It is now finished in two shades of Lilac!? It won a First in South Bend in '02 nad in Charlotte in '04. The image I am including was taken before restoration began in 1999. As far as I know Paul still owns it. His contact info is in the roster.

Richard Quinn
            editor: Antique Studebaker Review
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I am almost 100% certain (OK 99.8%) that this is a Commander and not a President. The two cars looked identical and differed in outward appearance only in the longer hood and wheelbase on the President. I went to look at this car in the lates 1970's and at that time it belonged to a Harold Fairchild and I believe he was in Napannee, Indiana. He was in the printing business. It was a very nice car but I did not have the $6000 at that time. It was subsequently purchased by Paul Wichterman (of Pendell, PA) who took it to a "restorer" in Lewistown, Pa. He never got around to working on it so it was taken to Jim Schoffstall in Tremont, PA and he completed it in c2001. It is now finished in two shades of Lilac!? It won a First in South Bend in '02 nad in Charlotte in '04. The image I am including was taken before restoration began in 1999. As far as I know Paul still owns it. His contact info is in the roster.

Richard Quinn
              Richard Quinn

Comment

Here is a fairly current photo.

Richard Quinn
                Richard Quinn

Comment

Here is a fairly current photo.

Richard Quinn
                  Richard Quinn

Comment

Thanks for the info Richard. That must have taken a bit of research. You are undoubtedly correct in that it was probably a Commander, not a President. It never occurred to me that such luxury was available on anything but the President.

The original (deceased) owner lived on Walnut Street in Frankfort IN. I can get the name if there is any interest.

The car was traded in to the Chrysler dealer in 1964 and was resold for $600 to Hube's brother.
                    Incidently, Hube wants his Tripp lights back as they were on loan to his brother.

Lark Parker
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info Richard. That must have taken a bit of research. You are undoubtedly correct in that it was probably a Commander, not a President. It never occurred to me that such luxury was available on anything but the President.

The original (deceased) owner lived on Walnut Street in Frankfort IN. I can get the name if there is any interest.

The car was traded in to the Chrysler dealer in 1964 and was resold for $600 to Hube's brother.
                      Incidently, Hube wants his Tripp lights back as they were on loan to his brother.

Lark Parker
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X