I am not a huge fan..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not a huge fan..

I am not a huge fan of this show "The American Car Prospector", however I think that car on the left is pretty neat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1741100
    Andres Garcia
    Fairfax, VA - Philadelphia, PA

1953 Studebaker Starliner - Check out this project!

1963 Studebaker GT Hawk - Check out this project!

Never heard of the show.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Pretty cool wreaker behind it, too.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

It is a bit lame. cheers jimmijim
        Originally posted by afgarcia86 View Post
        I am not a huge fan of this show "The American Car Prospector", however I think that car on the left is pretty neat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29432[/ATTACH]
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Never heard of the show either.

Comment

The car on the left? How about the tow truck in the background, or the Packard to the right? BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey Andres, it was great to see you, your dad and mom at Reedsville. I'm glad you are on the Forum now. Your dad showed me a bunch of pictures of the Hawk project. I thought it was a very nice car to begin with- looks as if you are shooting for perfection.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                It is a bit lame. cheers jimmijim
                That covers it pretty well. It's on Velocity friday night with reruns fairly often. A lot of mucking around to get a price established but occasionally you'll see a decent car. The shows central figure did have some good words on the Avanti, however.

At least it doesn't have all the yelling and angst of a lot of these shows.

My recommendation, DVR it and speed through all the crap and look at the cars. You'll only lose 5-10 min of your life that way.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                  Hey Andres, it was great to see you, your dad and mom at Reedsville. I'm glad you are on the Forum now. Your dad showed me a bunch of pictures of the Hawk project. I thought it was a very nice car to begin with- looks as if you are shooting for perfection.
                  Thanks Paul, it was nice seeing you also. Our car was solid but we did a lot of half ass work to make it some what presentable. We are trying to do it right this time. I hope to join you all at some shows next year.
                  Andres Garcia
                  Fairfax, VA - Philadelphia, PA

1953 Studebaker Starliner - Check out this project!

1963 Studebaker GT Hawk - Check out this project!

Comment

Like the show, He buys cars ,puts a profit on them ,usually $3000 , and than sells them to his customer base. His hunt and the price he pays sometimes brings a car to be resold at a reasonable price.
                    Randy Wilkin
                    1946 M5 Streetrod
                    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Like any "reality TV" (now THERE'S a contradiction in terms!) the back story tends to be really told quite lamely. Some of the cars can be incredible though. As mentioned earlier, record it while you do something better and fast forward through the drivel.

Comment

Great Show!!.....VERY amusing and entertaining. When John Hames (The American Car Prospector) sees a car that he likes he always says....."HELLO GORGEOUS"

Comment

More than a bit lame. Try a lot lame. The star as far as I can tell is a bit of a dufless.

Comment

i dvr'd 2 episodes - just another fake "reality" show with cars, although some of the cars are cool.

i like the shows such as "Car Fix" and "All Girls Garage" where i might learn something. besides, the cf guys are funny and the agg are... well, women that love and can repair cars.

other than "My Classic Car" coming to Velocity in January, does anyone know of any other former "Speed" channel weekend am shows moving over?
                            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

When John Hames (The American Car Prospector) makes a deal to purchase a vehicle, He always puts an Ace Of Spades under one of the vehicles windshield wipers. "ANOTHER ACE IN THE HOLE FOR THE AMERICAN CAR PROSPECTOR!"

Comment

Working...
                              X