Stude's at SEMA (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude's at SEMA (2013)

HOT ROD is “where it all began,” as the first magazine to cover the hot rod culture. Since that time, HOT ROD has evolved into a brand devoted to everything from hot rods to restomods, barn finds to project cars and everything in between.

HOT ROD is “where it all began,” as the first magazine to cover the hot rod culture. Since that time, HOT ROD has evolved into a brand devoted to everything from hot rods to restomods, barn finds to project cars and everything in between.

Attached Files
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Well, shucks! I was thinking about this car just the other day.

Back in Jan. of '11, I found it sitting on a trailer at the Stillwater, OK Kicker headquarters, and took what could have served as before pics, but I seem to have lost all of the pictures I took of it.

I do know that contact was made between a Stude guy north of us and the Kicker staff, trying to save the driveline, etc. Never heard if the deal worked out or not.

We talked about it in this thread:

Glad to see the car made it to SEMA, hope the original driveline found a good home!!
    Last edited by Studedude; 11-05-2013, 06:22 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

All pretty neat Studes!

Whenever you see a Studebaker at a nationally recognized car event or getting nationwide press, they all seem to be custom and modified cars.

Does this tell us anything about the future of Studebakering?
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
        All pretty neat Studes!

Whenever you see a Studebaker at a nationally recognized car event or getting nationwide press, they all seem to be custom and modified cars.

Probably Dick, but it's really a compliment to have unique looking vehicles chosen for whatever modifications are intended.

I prefer the woody, the orange one is difficult to identify as a Stude and the first one is too dark for my taste - dark paint with dark wheels, well done to its creator anyway.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
          Probably Dick, but it's really a compliment to have unique looking vehicles chosen for whatever modifications are intended.
          Totally agree.
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

"Does this tell us anything about the future of Studebakering?" YES.

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
              I do know that contact was made between a Stude guy north of us and the Kicker staff, trying to save the driveline, etc. Never heard if the deal worked out or not.

You mean this car isn't running a Champ 6 ??? That is one wicked koool looking ride, that's fer sher.
              sals54

Comment

You guys at SEMA keep an eye out for my son, Alan. He is there as a buyer for Amazon and I have tasked him with visiting all the Studes. If you see him, give him the secret Studebaker greeting.
                Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                50 Champion 2 door*
                53 Commander K Auto*
                53 Commander K overdrive*
                55 President Speedster
                62 GT 4Speed*
                63 Avanti R1*
                64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

All pretty neat Studes!

I think some Studes have the same future as the prewar Willys coupes. Can you remember the last time you saw a stock one? You can guess which Studes.
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

All three of those cars look fast sitting still. The Bonneville car looks so streamlined you could put in a wind tunnel and not even tie it down.
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

All pretty neat Studes!

I think at a venue like SEMA, that is specifically geared towards the aftermarket and modifying cars of all types, this is the sort of Studebakers we will see. There are usually not many stock Brand X cars there either. Same thing at NSRA, Good-Guys and other hot rodder oriented events. At others, like Concours events, original cars would likely be the choice. I think it is great that Studebakers are being "discovered."
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA
                      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                        I think some Studes have the same future as the prewar Willys coupes. Can you remember the last time you saw a stock one? You can guess which Studes.
                        I think the same of a 49 Merc. I saw one without a chopped top once and thought someone raised the roof.
                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

At the NSRA nats north this year, both types of Willys output were well represented.
                          The base model stockers with the Chevy V8s, and the SS models with the added superchargers.
                          It's amazing how many have survived in such good shape.

Comment

I am a bullet nose fan. I love a good custom and the workmanship on the Woody is beautiful. However, I'm not so crazy about the extreme slope of the fastback and the significant extension of the rear fenders beyond the 'tailgate'. The proportions don't feel right. Feel free to disagree.
                            \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                            Jim Mann
                            Victoria, B.C.
                            Canada

Comment

Power Blocks Courtney Hansen took a seat.

http://blogs.hotrod.com/kicker-audio...#axzz2jpFcvUlH

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X