X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this thing worth?

1966 studebaker commander - $2000
    1966 studebaker

1966 Studebaker commander 4 door,230 6cylinder,3 speed with overdrive.
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posting ID: 4139947290
    Posted: 2013-10-19, 9:38PM CDT
    Updated: 2013-11-03, 12:12PM CST
    email to a friend

Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram).

It's all about the rust. If there isn't any...I'd say that baby is well worth the $2000. (But sitting there in that tall grass.............??)

Comment

The value depends a lot on, if it is Running? Or running AND driving? From the looks of it probably neither, but it matters.

It does have some pretty good attributes like; a Flanged Rear Axle (probably a Model 27), a special Chevy Case T-86 O.D. Trans. the same as a 283 V8 version, the same Clutch Housing as a V8 and or a Chevy T-10 4 Speed, a larger 230 Engine if good, etc.

This is the perfect car to just BOLT in a 283 or even a 327 and or a 4 Speed, but the O.D. may not be as much fun, but way more practical, and a good match for the Axle Ratio. Well, all but the Model 27 part.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 11-04-2013, 03:26 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Seller's Grandfather bought the car new and drove it till he died. Then Seller's mother had the car in her garage for unknown number of years. Seller moved it out of parents garage just this last spring when selling the house after parents passing so car has been garaged practically all of it's life. Registration was kept up to date thru this past June even tho the plates weren't changed.

I contacted the seller early summer when it was first posted for sale and almost bought but just couldn't with the 230 6Cyl & stick (just a personal thing wanting a V8 and auto due to knee problems). BTW it has also has A/C and it's a factory color of plum.
        \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
        \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Looks like an exact twin to mine!!

Craig

Comment

Amazing it's almost the same as the rust bucket I have here, when that Plum Paint gets faded, oxidized and dirty, it sure does look Black.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Was A/C factory available on the sixes for 1966?
              Originally posted by snowy_buffalo View Post
              Seller's Grandfather bought the car new and drove it till he died. Then Seller's mother had the car in her garage for unknown number of years. Seller moved it out of parents garage just this last spring when selling the house after parents passing so car has been garaged practically all of it's life. Registration was kept up to date thru this past June even tho the plates weren't changed.

I contacted the seller early summer when it was first posted for sale and almost bought but just couldn't with the 230 6Cyl & stick (just a personal thing wanting a V8 and auto due to knee problems). BTW it has also has A/C and it's a factory color of plum.

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                Was A/C factory available on the sixes for 1966?
                I was sent a pic of the window sticker and there is no mention of Factory A/C listed, but he also sent a pic of the interior clearly showing that the car does have an A/C unit installed under the dash.
                \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Could you see if the A/C unit has round or rectangular vents? Nice to still have the window sticker.
                  Originally posted by snowy_buffalo View Post
                  I was sent a pic of the window sticker and there is no mention of Factory A/C listed, but he also sent a pic of the interior clearly showing that the car does have an A/C unit installed under the dash.

Comment

Working...
                  X