Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorta Studebaker related.....

Update:

Today I retained legal council in this matter. They advised me to remove any description here until things progress in trying to claim damages to the 56.

Kent

If they indeed stole parts that were not part of your original deal with them, than that's concidered instertstate transportation of stolen property, and become the jurisdiction of the FBI. Call the local office of the FBI and file a complaint. That is what they are there for.

Mike

Comment

If they indeed stole parts that were not part of your original deal with them, than that's concidered instertstate transportation of stolen property, and become the jurisdiction of the FBI. Call the local office of the FBI and file a complaint. That is what they are there for.

Mike

Comment

Well you don't get a '56 Sedan front clip complete with hood and grille for any less than $500.00. I just paid $300.00 for a pair of fenders one fair, the other wrecked in front, so take it from there!

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well you don't get a '56 Sedan front clip complete with hood and grille for any less than $500.00. I just paid $300.00 for a pair of fenders one fair, the other wrecked in front, so take it from there!

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

Well, I got home from the Pure Stock drags just to come home to drama.
            Big snip
            I have a clear title on the car, so I'm unsure that it's even feasible for him to put a lien on it.

Kent
            If you don't have everything written down and signed by the both of you, I believe you are S.O.L.

As far as the lien goes, yes he can put a lien on the car with you having a title. The lien prevents you from transferring the title if and when you sell the car.

Jerry Forrester
            Be sure to check out my eBay store

for your shiny Stude stuff
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

Well, I got home from the Pure Stock drags just to come home to drama.
              Big snip
              I have a clear title on the car, so I'm unsure that it's even feasible for him to put a lien on it.

Kent
              If you don't have everything written down and signed by the both of you, I believe you are S.O.L.

As far as the lien goes, yes he can put a lien on the car with you having a title. The lien prevents you from transferring the title if and when you sell the car.

Jerry Forrester
              Be sure to check out my eBay store

for your shiny Stude stuff
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

As Mike mentioned, the minute they crosses the state line it's in the hands of the FBI. I would also file a complaint. I'd get the whole lot, including the tractor, impounded until such a time that this could be straightened out.

If they don't have a title or a Bill of Sale, that is still your tractor. Trespassing, stealing and damaging property, not to mention extortion should all be reason for the FBI to be involved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

As Mike mentioned, the minute they crosses the state line it's in the hands of the FBI. I would also file a complaint. I'd get the whole lot, including the tractor, impounded until such a time that this could be straightened out.

If they don't have a title or a Bill of Sale, that is still your tractor. Trespassing, stealing and damaging property, not to mention extortion should all be reason for the FBI to be involved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

NOS Front fenders are going for $250-$300 each. A used hood min. $100.00. A grill (hard to get a good one) $100.00. There was on e-bay last week for $19.00 that was missing a couple of pieces. It did not sell. If you want I still have the listing and Ithink I have a broken grill with the peices you need. Good Luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
                    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

NOS Front fenders are going for $250-$300 each. A used hood min. $100.00. A grill (hard to get a good one) $100.00. There was on e-bay last week for $19.00 that was missing a couple of pieces. It did not sell. If you want I still have the listing and Ithink I have a broken grill with the peices you need. Good Luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
                      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Working...
                      X