door regulator interchanchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door regulator interchanchange

Does anyone know, off hand, if a 56 Golden Hark, (driver side) window regulator will work on a 63 GT Hawk? They look the same but can not figure out from book if it will work. Present GT regulator works but has a rotational "thump" as if a gear tooth is broken. Ken, Deltaville, Va

So are you saying that the GH has a different Part Number than the GT Hawk?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Your regulator for 1956 is part #1314353. If the number for the '63 is the same, it will work. What book are you using?
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I come up with a 1331717 that says it fits both C & K from 59-63. Why the 64 part carries a different part number is a puzzle to me. All these should interchange. Studebaker should have (& could have) superseded these parts with one number & kept their inventory that much lower=less overhead, more profit, profit they could have used elsewhere.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

There is a different length in the shaft that the winder handle pushes onto between 58 and 59.

The difference for 64 is the 4 bolts that attach the regulator to the door require a different thread in the reg.

Chris.

Comment

Warren and Chris hit exactly the point of the original question, i.e. interchange vs correct part number. After nearly 20 years of restoring Studes some parts are interchangeable notwithstanding their part numbers, in fact one vendor said to send part and he will make it work. My first experience (years ago) with this issue was front fender trim in the restoration of a 57 GH and 56 GH whereby I'm told by a vendor, there is a 1/8" difference in length between the two years, a difference not too many would notice. These two regulators look enough alike that the 56 part should work, if not the broken gear will be replaced using the 56GH part or parts. Ken, Deltaville, Va

Comment

Working...
            X