Winter Weaselland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Weaselland

It's getting cold outside, time to think about your wintertime Studebaker driving options:

It's only 3grand more than someone was asking for a pretty nice, but far from concours 1940s pickup.

Cool, but they need to define "quiet."

Comment

I was thinking, looking at the cockpit of that ride, what a cool potential handicapped accessible vehicle that could become. Just roll up to the controls and roll over anything that gets in your way!

Comment

From what I've seen on the net lately that price is not too bad.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Still Kicking myself....... Had a chance at one for $2500 with bad tracks (rest looked good) about 4 years ago in FL......

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
            Still Kicking myself....... Had a chance at one for $2500 with bad tracks (rest looked good) about 4 years ago in FL......
            10 or so years back I chanced upon one a local guy had bought at a surplus auction. He knew nothing about it and offered it up for about $1K. It seemed complete except the distributor. I intended to buy it but mistakenly told him what the engine was and that I had a spare dist. he went from about $1K to $12K during that conversation so I left it and him alone. It is probably still sitting in his garage. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Hard to find unless you know where to look... Would be pretty cool to have one although usability is limited.

Comment

Thanks for the post, Leo; interesting. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed that info Mr. Palma and as for practicality, I'm overseeing 75 people, including a sheriff's work crew, a backhoe and a bobcat Saturday cleaning up a nearby illegal dumping area in my community.
                  I personally back up to several hundred acres of open space, often used for dumping and target shooting (with the debris left behind, of course). I would DEFINITELY be able to put one of these weasels to work stopping the weasels I have to deal with almost weekly.

I'm just glad I have a useful toy to acquire when I win the lottery I never play.
                  Last edited by LeoH; 10-31-2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X