1963-64 Convertible Beltline Moldings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963-64 Convertible Beltline Moldings

It's hard to believe that I found a set of 1963-64 NOS beltline moldings on a table at the Reedsville Swap meet. Picked them up and bought them on the spot. I've considered re-plating the one's on my Convertible or swapping them with cash with a known vender who has a re-chromed set,... for what he said was big money and that I would not want to pay for them.

My beltline moldings are not pitted but are hazy with thin chrome with that spider web look. I ran into a guy at the Swap meet that needs a set for his convertible when I was walking around with them and has asked me to sell my old set to him.

It caught me off guard when he asked me what I would want for them. What are these unobtainium beltline moldings worth?

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Hey Allen , put them on ebay and you'll find out !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I need a left one myself. If I were in your position Allan, I would look & see what it would take to cast them in bronze. They could then be chrome plated & reproduced. Like you said, they're made of unobtainium!!
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Be careful Allen, with that '63-'64 Belt Moulding "SET" Statement.

Be aware that the "Around the back" Moulding fits '63-'64, and the Door Mouldings also, but NOT the Quarter Window Mouldings, they are 1342684 & 685 '62-'63L OR 1360956 & 957 '64L Only, due to the different 1/4 Window.

The Door Mouldings will also Fit J Models, '63 & '64.

Well lets see, if you added up LOW guesses:
        Door Mlds.'''''' $200.00 Pr.
        1/4 Mlds. ''''''''$175.00 Pr.
        Rear "U" Mld.''$400.00 1
        Last edited by StudeRich; 10-27-2013, 11:53 AM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

Be aware that the "Around the back" Moulding fits '63-'64, and the Door Mouldings also, but NOT the Quarter Window Mouldings, they are 1342684 & 685 '62-'63L OR 1360956 & 957 '64L Only, due to the different 1/4 Window.

Rear "U" Mld.''$400.00 1
          I suppose I should have been more explicit. I found a pair of 1963-64 convertible quarter side beltline moldings. I assumed you would not have confused the easily cracked unobtainium convertible beltline moldings with the door and rear wrap around moldings for L and J model cars.
          1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          PSMCDR 2013

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

Rear "U" Mld.''$400.00 1

I should have brought the spare I have!

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

You STILL lost me Allan on these; "pair of 1963-64 convertible quarter side beltline moldings," maybe we have different ideas about what a "Beltline Moulding" is.
              I always referred to them as the ones below the windows, Chromed, Cast Pot Metal, and as I said the ones under the 1/4 Windows are different from '63 to '64.

So, assuming that is NOT what you mean, then
              "Body SIDE Mouldings" are the only other choice and you say the Chrome on yours is weak, so since the Upper ones are Stainless and the lower ones are Aluminum AND they don't fit '64's that doesn't work either.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What is the U moulding? Is that the stainless piece that goes around the back? Those are often around and cheap. Saw two at Reedsville this year.
                Last edited by studefan; 10-27-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

The only reason the '64 part numbers are different is they started selling pre-packaged "Moulding w/fastener" with the '64 model year mouldings. Prior were just "Moulding" only, thus they had to roll the part numbers. There is nothing different about a '64 L body quarter window, and nothing different about the quarter mouldings.
                  Note spelling of moulding is per Studebaker parts catalog.

Comment

Like I said Allen, lets get them reproduced in bronze! I understood what you said. As far as what they will fit, they should go from 1962 to the 1964's without a problem. Remember, the rear fenders remained the same during that time & these mouldings go on the 1/4 glass openings of those same panels. If Studebaker made a change in how they were packaged then chalk it up to another example of why they should have superseded more part #'s & may have been able to control costs more.
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I went out to my shop to install my new rear quarter mouldings only to find the vendor had the wrong year tag on these mouldings. I found numbers on the mouldings 1332266 (Right) and 1332267 (Left), I tried to look them up to see what I actually have only to find the numbers were not listed. Upon closer examination these numbers must be casting numbers and the part numbers are within a small circle 1336414 (Right) and 1336415 (Left). I have now put the part numbers of the mouldings I am looking for in my smart phone.

At this point I am now the not-so-proud owner of a pair of 1960 Convertible rear quarter side beltline mouldings. Watch for them on Ebay.

Allen
                      1964 GT Hawk
                      PSMCDR 2014
                      PSMCDR 2013

Victoria, Canada

Comment

For clarity:

The pot metal on top of the doors are the same for 63 and 64 converts. and hardtops (62 is different).
                        The pot metal that runs under the quarter window and wraps slightly around the convertible top is the same for 62, 63, and 64 converts.
                        The quarter window pot metal on the hardtops is the same for 62 and 63 (64 is different).

Jeff
                        Last edited by studefan; 10-28-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

anybody wants 63' or 64' door belts...I have a pair of decent cores. PM me if interested.

Comment

What's your user name on ebay? There are lots of '60 Convertibles around! <G>
                            Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
                            I went out to my shop to install my new rear quarter mouldings only to find the vendor had the wrong year tag on these mouldings. I found numbers on the mouldings 1332266 (Right) and 1332267 (Left), I tried to look them up to see what I actually have only to find the numbers were not listed. Upon closer examination these numbers must be casting numbers and the part numbers are within a small circle 1336414 (Right) and 1336415 (Left). I have now put the part numbers of the mouldings I am looking for in my smart phone.

At this point I am now the not-so-proud owner of a pair of 1960 Convertible rear quarter side beltline mouldings. Watch for them on Ebay.

Allen

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                              What's your user name on ebay? There are lots of '60 Convertibles around! <G>

I like to keep most things simple,... studebaker-r2-4-me.

Allen
                              1964 GT Hawk
                              PSMCDR 2014
                              PSMCDR 2013

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X