X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye candy 10-25-13 friday

FRIDAY!!
    Attached Files

ok, some body this '40 http://up.craigslist.org/cto/4139106324.html and turn it into a gasser like the one above! c'mon champtrucking, how 'bout you? If only I were closer...yada, yada, yada.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
      ok, some body this '40 http://up.craigslist.org/cto/4139106324.html and turn it into a gasser like the one above! c'mon champtrucking, how 'bout you? If only I were closer...yada, yada, yada.
      That looks like a screaming deal if it's really rust free like he says. I wouldn't even complain about the 340 Mopar engine.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Don't diss the 340 Mopar . . . it's one badass engine!!

Comment

A credit to the owner for using the rearend out of a Dodge Demon! I've never heard of that one before! Good on him!!
          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	41 champ jr thompson.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1684313

The '41 in your original post belonged to Junior Thompson. It was powered by a 292 c.i. Chevy V8 with a blower and ran in C/GS. It won Little Eliminator at the Oklahoma City Nationals in '58 and held records at Bakersfield in 1960 with a 11.90 e.t. at 115.50 mph. Consider the car had the stock planar suspension and only beefed up rear springs to go along with the Chevy truck rear end. Transmission was '37 Cadillac three speed. The car was run with the original clock still in the dash and the front fender ornaments! The car was restored to its 1960 condition and offered for sale in 2009 for $42,500.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks Richard! That is cool to find out a little history behind the picture.

Comment

Working...
              X