Avanti R2 on James List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti R2 on James List

Maybe you've all already seen this. If so, I'll delete it.

Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
    Maybe you've all already seen this. If so, I'll delete it.

http://www.jamesedition.com/cars/stu...ef=alert_email
    what about the 49K R2 63 wagon

1963 R2 Wagon

Comment

Wow, they aught to call that site the "Dreamers Site"!

The Avanti is a Price On Request and A $49,000.00 Wagonaire and $79,000.00 '55 Commander Hardtop!

Who do they THINK they are kidding, certainly no one with a brain.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 10-22-2013, 11:21 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, If you want to market to upscale buyers with money, then use upscale marketing techniques. In my jewelry business it pays to wait for the right customer rather than to discount and give your work away.
        If this seller can wait for the right buyer and advertises in the right markets, he will get his money. Dupont Registry and CondeNaste don'thave Kmart ads in them!!!!!
        Ebay only defines the minimum market prices....not the maximum. You have to get your head around different thinking and not in the CASO mindset.

Find a R2 wagon... Have it PROFESIONALLY restored from the frame up. (not by someone that has every new part in stock that he bought for pennies per pound) You will see that his asking price is less.

It amazes me how people get upset over selling prices....perhaps they should give their parts away and see if the shoe fits?
        Last edited by bezhawk; 10-23-2013, 06:28 AM.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

What they should be worth. If my Avanti had less than 20k miles, I would want really serious coin for it. Any car of that age with low mileage is worth some money. One of the highlight models of 63 should really be worth some money I would think. I know what i costs to restore them and a pristine original will always be worth more.

Comment

I have not seen any of these cars and do not know any more than what is visible in the online photos, but all seem to be impeccably restored. If you were to pay a professional restoration shop to restore a similar model to these excellent conditions, you would most likely have as much as or more money invested in the restoration. These seem to be very good prices for top quality restorations.
            Lew Schucart
            Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

I am also certain (not 100% but close) that that black 63 R2 wagon was for sale on ebay and sold for about $12,000 within the last year or so. I remember that color combination and the red rims. We may have even discussed it here.

Comment

A friend is interested in buying a Studebaker powered Avanti. While he was not looking specifically for an R2, he would like to know if anyone has examined this car and can shed light on the accuracy of the auction house's description.

The friend rejected the '63 at the Branson auction for its small block chevy and general condition.

Comment

Working...
                X