Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get forgiveness for painting a R1 red?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get forgiveness for painting a R1 red?

I painted the 259 that was in the Saturday Night Special racing green. I don't think it was very well accepted LOL. I really like the R3 Red engines. SO, the new R1 that's going in it now will be RED. Can I get forgiveness? LOL BTW, what color red are the R3's I have seen?

Hey,Tex Did that hinge work out for you? Come to think of it... it was red too.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
      I painted the 259 that was in the Saturday Night Special racing green. I don't think it was very well accepted LOL. I really like the R3 Red engines. SO, the new R1 that's going in it now will be RED. Can I get forgiveness? LOL BTW, what color red are the R3's I have seen?
      I'm with You on that color change 100%. As nice as a pristine Avanti engine looks, I think Studebaker kind of 'missed the boat' using black as the base color for those marvelous engines. Red would really 'POP' under all that chrome. (But please, stay away from R4 BLUE!!!!)

Comment

I think you can Tex, if you say 20 Hail Sherwood Egbert, and 10 Hail Andy Granetelli!

The R3's are
        Red, red! I think the R Series Engines with all their Chrome and all, would look very good in Red.

Click image for larger version

Name:	64PBW_R3AvantiEng.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1684235

Last edited by StudeRich; 10-20-2013, 04:34 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
          Hey,Tex Did that hinge work out for you? Come to think of it... it was red too.
          It sure did, Neil, THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            I'm with You on that color change 100%. As nice as a pristine Avanti engine looks, I think Studebaker kind of 'missed the boat' using black as the base color for those marvelous engines. Red would really 'POP' under all that chrome. (But please, stay away from R4 BLUE!!!!)
            I see the red appeals o you more than the green. LOL I agree on the blue.

Comment

red is hot...okay by me...just as long as the sat. night special`s wheels roll down the highway soon. cheers, Junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I guess that's one thing Ed (SN 60) will approve of, concerning the junk Packard motor in 56Js. At least they are RED. The shade is real similar to Farmall tractors. I just painted a set of 56J heads today and used POR-15's, "Chevy Red" (not Chevy orange) engine paint, and it looked dead on.

I agree, all the R motors shoulda been red too, but 56J did it first

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  I think you can Tex, if you say 20 Hail Sherwood Egbert, and 10 Hail Andy Granetelli!

The R3's are
                  Red, red! I think the R Series Engines with all their Chrome and all, would look very good in Red.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28714[/AT

At least I know what to do to get forgiveness, Rich. LOL LOL What color red are the R3's ?

Comment

Any color that turns your crank works for me...even gold...

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                      red is hot...okay by me...just as long as the sat. night special`s wheels roll down the highway soon. cheers, Junior
                      Thank's Junior. Believe me, I am ready to roll again. I am just getting going again. Lotta stuff been going on.

Comment

It is your engine isn't? Heck, paint it pink with purple polka-dots for all I care.

Bob

Comment

Chrome yellow is the ticket for me.

Comment

[QUOTE= What color red are the R3's ?[/QUOTE]

i'm not totally sure but i think it's the same color as Rustoleum "#7765 Regal Red" enamel.

hopefully others can confirm or deny!
                            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

It's your car, paint it any way YOU want--pomegranate with puce polka-dots, if it's your thing--and don't look back!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X