Studebaker Dealership Williamson NY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Dealership Williamson NY?

I am searching for any old picture (s) of Howard Motors in Williamson NY. The car I have now (66'Daytona) which was my grandfathers, was purchased there brand new in Dec 1965. I'm just putting together a collage for his 98th birthday. I have pictures of the Hamilton Plant thanks to Stu Chapman, now I am going to put pictures of the dealer together for him. Thanks for any help you guys can offer! -Eric-

Good luck Eric , sounds like a great project !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Hi Eric, I live in Rochester NY, about 15 mile from Williamson and have to confess that I've never heard of this dealership. A couple of thought that might help you in your search is to contact Bob Andrews on this site. You might also use the forum search engine looking for the "dealership" thread; its a very large multipage effort a year or so ago.

Regards, Murray
      Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Originally posted by stall View Post
        Hi Eric, I live in Rochester NY, about 15 mile from Williamson and have to confess that I've never heard of this dealership. A couple of thought that might help you in your search is to contact Bob Andrews on this site. You might also use the forum search engine looking for the "dealership" thread; its a very large multipage effort a year or so ago.

Regards, Murray
        My grandparents lived in Rochester, more than 45 yrs. My grandfather worked at Kodak. I contacted the historian in Williamson, he remembers the dealership, but cannot locate any pictures. Bob does have it listed, and I have the address off my build sheet, but pictures would make my project complete. Thanks-

Comment

I wonder how long it was a dealer? The SNM has dealer cards showing how long the place was in business and the address, and who the owners were. That might put you onto a family member who might have a picture. Long-established dealers sometimes have photos on file in the SNM. They had one of my hometown dealer there, from 1951 (they had become a dealer in '26). I'd say you could probably get the dealer cards from the SNM for $30 or maybe less (easy to find). Not sure how much time you have before the celebration, though. Good luck!
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
          X