Hawk Trunk Lock Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk Trunk Lock Shot

This morning I went out to my Hawk to get something out of the trunk. At first the lock turned as it usually does, but did not pop the latch, next it just spun free and now will not engage. Anyone have an idea of some way to get it open without drilling it out?
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Sure, Dan; just remove the back seat and open the trunk from inside by unscrewing the bolts holding the latch, or some other non-destructive means.

If the key is stuck in the lock, take it to a locksmith to have that portion repaired. There's no need to "drill out" anything. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

From what I remember is that there is a short link on that trunk lock and the cotter pin rusts or wears out and the link fall off.
      Check that link on your hawk and make sure it is not ready to come off!

Comment

The same happened to me last year. I did not drill it out, I sent my step daughter through the back seat into the trunk with a socket wrench and removed the two bolts on the locking U-hasp. Turns out the lock mechanism where the link joins was broken off. You may need a new locking mechanism.

Allen
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Sorry, when I first read that headline, I was thinking firearms were involved.

What a disappointment!

Comment

Working...
          X