PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Pacific Southwest Zone Meet dates???

brngarage
10-14-2013, 06:36 PM
I just returned from the 2013 Pacific Southwest Zone Meet hosted by the Grand Canyon State chapter. They did a wonderful job! It was a great meet.
At the meet, I became aware that the 2014 Pacific Southwest Zone Meet is scheduled for May 9th thru May 11th. That is Mother's Day weekend! I don't know how many of us will be affected, but I won't attend due to Mother's Day. Is there any way to reschedule this event? I would really like to attend this meet.

Sdude
10-14-2013, 08:22 PM
We got stuck with that date because of the Hotel. We weren't happy with it either. Maybe we could establish drive your mother in a Studebaker day?

SScopelli
10-14-2013, 08:34 PM
The 11th? And then La Palma 2 weeks after that?

Pat Dilling
10-14-2013, 09:14 PM
As the dates for the 2014 PSW Zone meet were being figured out we had several challenges. We wanted to have it early in the year, before it got too hot. We had to avoid the long standing La Palma meet, we had to avoid Memorial day week-end, and we had to have a week-end that fit the available dates at available hotels. Believe me, the discussion and options considered were extensive. We have a great event planned with almost all of the activities on Friday and Saturday. The host hotel is offering a Mother's Day brunch on Sunday. We will certainly miss the folks that are not able to come because of the Mother's Day conflict.

StudeDave57
10-14-2013, 09:35 PM
So we now know the dates- do we know the location...?

StudeDave '57 :cool:

Sdude
10-14-2013, 09:51 PM

Same as last time. The Lions Gate Hotel in Sacramento. (formerly McClellan AFB). Check April 2009 Turning Wheels

Pat Dilling
10-14-2013, 09:55 PM

Yes! The event will take place at the Lions Gate Hotel in McClellan Park in Sacramento, California. Hosted by the Karel Staple Chapter, it is the same location we had the PSW Zone Meet in 2009. The hotel has been recently updated. The location is on the former McClellan Air Force Base and the hotel is comprised of what used to be the Visiting Officers Quarters and the Officers Club. Our Friday evening barbecue will be held at the "Generals House." We also have arranged for a Friday tour to the California Highway Patrol Academy. Also right on the premises at McClellan Park is the Aerospace Museum of California (http://www.aerospaceca.org/). Not far away, you can take a side trip up to Placerville, CA where John Studebaker established himself building wheel barrows for gold miners.

Correction regarding the trip to the CHP Academy: One point of clarification is that we won't get to see a high speed demonstration. That was not available this time. Our tour will include the new CHP museum, officer memorial, fleet modification facilities (where they install CHP electionics, etc. on the new Expolrers), lunch in their mess hall, and a demonstration of training on their skid pan.

StudeDave57
10-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I need to start making some plans.
The timing works pretty good to hit that and La Palma in one trip. SWEET!!!

May I make a suggestion? Drum it up in that Zone to your North.
There's a TON of StudeFolks in Oregon. ;) :cool:

Pat Dilling
10-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks Dave! We will definitely add them to our advertising effort.

Lou Van Anne
10-26-2013, 04:12 PM
DATE CHANGE! DATE CHANGE! DATE CHANGE! It has been moved to May 16, 17 and 18th...that should make you happy. Come join us....