Shop & parts manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop & parts manuals

I recently took delivery of a 1965 Cruiser. I'm looking for any shop or parts manuals that are available for the '65 & '66 models. I already have a CD Rom of the 1959-64 shop, body and chassis manuals along with the owners manual and accessories manual. I see a hardcopy of a '65-'66 supplement to the shop manual on eBay that has 25 pages but the same manual from SI says it's 234 pages!!

Any clarifications and leads would be appreciated.
    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    \'64 Daytona HT

I think what you are looking for is the Body and Parts Catalogue models S -V October '65 and 1965 Shop Manual Supplement (308 pages). I have them but no part numbers are shown.

There were lots of these when SASCO sold out to SI. If you see a supplement of only 25 pages it may just be the update from 65 to 66 which would cover the additional six cylinder 230 cubic inch engine.
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Allen, I sent you a pm.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I have the parts manual covering the 1965-66 at $15 postpaid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1684153
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by 2moredoors View Post
          I think what you are looking for is the Body and Parts Catalogue models S -V October '65 and 1965 Shop Manual Supplement (308 pages). I have them but no part numbers are shown.

There were lots of these when SASCO sold out to SI. If you see a supplement of only 25 pages it may just be the update from 65 to 66 which would cover the additional six cylinder 230 cubic inch engine.
          Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
          I have the parts manual covering the 1965-66 at $15 postpaid.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28536[/ATTACH]
          Cliff,
          Thanks for the heads up on the Chassis & body book of 308 pages. I found that in SI catalog after you mentioned it.

Still not sure on the shop manual tho. Found several on eBay with 25 pages and they show the exact same green cover as the one in SI catalog that says 234 pages. Also found one on eBay that was for 1965 only with 100 pages in a blue cover.

Richard,
          Thanks for the outstanding offer and I've sent you a personal e-mail about it.
          \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Richard has offered you the parts book. 'Nuff said.

There is a green covered 65-66 shop manual SUPPLEMENT that covers the additions/changes from the 59-64 (or 62-64) shop manuals. It was originally issued as a 65 shop manual with a blue cover, then was updated with a new green cover and new pages to cover the 66 models. The ones you see offered with 25 pages are just the new cover and the pages that address the 66 models. Since you have a 65, you need:
            1. Either a 59-64 or 62-64 shop manual.
            2. Plus either the 65 supplement with the blue cover or the complete 65-66 supplement with the green cover.

SI sells reprints of the 59-64 and 65-66 books. Originals come up on ebay all the time.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks Skip for the clarification. Like mentioned in my first post, I already have a CD-Rom of the 59-64 manuals. I purchased that when I got my '64 Daytona Hardtop several years ago. I've asked Richard to check if he has the 200+ page version of the shop manual in his inventory of duplicate '65-'66 literature. If he doesn't, there are several of the larger count ones on eBay right now and SI will be my back-up to that.

Thanks, Al
              \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
              X