PDA

View Full Version : Great day with the Central Texas and Bayou Cities chapters

Mark L
10-12-2013, 11:59 PM
I had a great day today with the Central Texas and Bayou Cities chapters. I was a guest at the annual picnic at BB and Hazel Holland's home in College Station Texas. Several members drove their Studebakers to display along side those in BB and Hazel's collection. Southern hospitality at its best.

Mark L

Mark L
10-18-2013, 08:34 PM
I finally figured out to get my computer to post some pictures. These are a few of the vehicles present, including "one of the best Presidents this country's ever had". Mark

BobPalma
10-18-2013, 08:38 PM
'Glad you enjoyed that hospitality, Mark; those are some nice folks down there. :!:

Thanks for the pics. (You do realize the President is a '58, not a '56 as footnoted, don't you?) :) BP

Mark L
10-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Bob, I didn't take notes and I named the files from memory. I'm glad I remembered it was a President. Let me know if you see any naming errors on my part, and I'll fix them. I'm a detail person, so I want to make them right.

Mark

BobPalma
10-18-2013, 08:49 PM
OK, Mark. The white Daytona Convertible is a '62, not a '63.

Do you know who owns that white 1962 Daytona convertible? If so, ask them for the Serial Number. We can check and see if it might be one of the 1962 Indianapolis 500 Pace Cars or Indianapolis 500 Festival Cars used here during the month of May, 1962.

Only two of those cars are accounted for, both 500 Festival Cars with 259s and Flightomatic. :) Neither of the two actual cars built to pace the race are accounted for :(, but they were both 289s with 4-speeds. :!: BP

Mark L
10-18-2013, 08:59 PM
I corrected the file names. Thanks.

I believe our host BB Holland owns it. With all the bits of Studebaker history in his garage, I think he would know what he has.

The hood wasn't opened, and I didn't ask about it.

Mark