PDA

View Full Version : Today Was Another Great Nashville Meet

JoeHall
10-12-2013, 06:50 PM
This is the 2nd year in a row we have made it to the Nashville meet. Once again, the good folks down there have put together a great meet. Evidence of lots of hard work was obvious everywhere, from the hospitality room to the folks judging. The weather cooperated wonderfully also.

I counted 28 Studes, which seemed a little down this year.

The highlight of the day was when my son Dino got to "drive" a beautiful Avanti. Though obscured to protect the guilty, you might be amazed to know who is in the drivers seat in the second pic :) 284692847028471

Studeous
10-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Glad you had a great time. 1st time I've missed in many moons. Got any more pictures?
Thanks

StudeRich
10-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Come on Joe, you know how we love PICTURES! Really! 28 Cars and we get THREE Pictures all of the same Car! :ohmy:

rockinhawk
10-14-2013, 07:07 AM
I sure wish I could have been there. Just couldn't make it this year. Was my Green 62 Lark there? I sold it to a couple named Herb and Tammy who live in the area. I spent the day at the Big Bend Chapter Picnic with 2 of my Grandsons.

ST2DE5
10-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Was he a big guy? There was a bright green Lark there I thinks it was a 62.

rockinhawk
10-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Herb is not a really big man in size but is a giant in personality! The Lark is rather bright,with a white top. I know,I know...No 2 tone Larks. But my son drove this car to work for awhile 30 miles each way. and with no A/C, He thought the white top would help.

cabrina
10-14-2013, 01:26 PM
A few more photos from the Nashville show. Will post photos from the Ice Cream Stude shortly. I did see the green Lark with a white top in the parking lot, Rockinhawk.

cabrina
10-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi Carl,

I'm glad you and Betty made it home OK. It was certainly fun studebakering with you both Saturday!! Here's a good shot of your business coupe. Unfortunately not centered very well since Betty is half cut off. She must have been busy finding you another spot to polish. HA!

cabrina
10-14-2013, 01:40 PM
The Ice Cream mobile

j.byrd
10-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Great pic's Cabrina ! I have never seen the ice cream car, and am wondering where the meet was since the motel by the gold building is gone. Looks a bit like one of the Opryland buildings in the background. When are you going to get those multi-talented brothers of your's to do a Studebaker ? Thanks again for the pictures, John

erniebrown
10-14-2013, 10:34 PM
This is the 2nd year in a row we have made it to the Nashville meet. Once again, the good folks down there have put together a great meet. Evidence of lots of hard work was obvious everywhere, from the hospitality room to the folks judging. The weather cooperated wonderfully also.

I counted 28 Studes, which seemed a little down this year.

The highlight of the day was when my son Dino got to "drive" a beautiful Avanti. Though obscured to protect the guilty, you might be amazed to know who is in the drivers seat in the second pic :) 284692847028471

I thought it was one of my highlights to meet Dino. . my newest youngest Studebaker buddy!

erniebrown
10-14-2013, 10:40 PM
To everyone who made Katie and I felt so welcome at this special event. . . stay enjoyed ourselves and was so glad we attended this event. . however I have a bit of a challenge facing me now. . I have a small hole in the block of my engine. . . oh no. . .but I made it home without incident. . . and I may have told a story it was only 174 miles and not 185. Do I need to return the trophy?

JoeHall
10-15-2013, 06:14 AM
I thought it was one of my highlights to meet Dino. . my newest youngest Studebaker buddy!

Hi Ernie,
It was nice meeting you & Katie, and soo many other nice folks there in Louisville. That is one very nice looking GT y'all have. I never woulda guessed it was in a tornado if you had not told me.

Dino was really glad he got to skip Staurday (Japanese) school. He had a great time too, thanks to so many kewl folks like you & Katie. He, like his brother & sister, was brought home from the hospital iin a Stude, and has been riding in Studes ever since. I am pretty sure he is a "FSO". As of Saturday, he is now a Studebaker Driver :)

cabrina
10-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Hi John,

The show was held at Fiddlers Inn right across from Opryland.

Sam Hughes spotted the ice cream car in Woodbury. My pictures do not do it justice. It is cool and really pristine! The owner is super nice, too.

Bob and Dick will never abandon their Fords. Dick did repaint Dad's red Daytona after it sat out for over a year behind a restoration shop that ended up going belly up. Dick's worked on little things for me but he and Bob are always so busy I hate to bother them.

Cabrina

cabrina
10-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi Ernie,

Sound like you need to swap it for the hard luck trophy . . .

Cabrina