So Sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Sad

I've been passing this car for years and I always look for it. Today I stopped to take a couple of pictures. It looks like they moved it to a more visible location. I once talked to the property owners about it. They told me it belongs to a friend that lives in Oregon and he is not interested in selling it. Too bad he would rather see it rot than sell it to someone that can give it some love. It's a 4 speed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AvantiWeeds1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1740841 Click image for larger version

Name:	AvantiWeeds2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1740842
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Probably going to restore it one day - sadly, there will not be much to restore at that point...and it will get hauled off and sold for scrap.

Comment

The hog troughs and maybe the frame are already toast if it's been sitting out for so long. At some point it will be good for nothing more than parts, if not already. Looks like a sad end to an otherwise desirable car.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is a very common story.

Comment

All too common...and not with Avantis or Studebakers in general. It seems to afflict all makes.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            Unfortunately, this is a very common story.
            How true, The first Avanti I looked at before I purchased my 83 had been setting in the woods in northern Michigan for 20 yrs. I reached under it where I could scrape away enough dirt and the frame and hog trough crumbled in my hand. When I forced open on door, with the owners approval, the entire interior was green with mold.

He wanted $4K and I told him possibly 15 years ago but there wasn't enough left for a decent parts car now. I'll bet it still resides there.

Bob

Comment

Working...
            X