PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Reedsville after all :)

Bob Andrews
10-11-2013, 07:50 PM
I love the Reedsville Meet, but had to miss it last year due to commitments. But this year I'm looking forward to being there! I plan to roll in early Friday. I'm leaving early Thursday morning for VA with my van and trusty tow dolly to pick up another Zip Van. So if you see a Ford Conversion Van with a Zip Van on a tow dolly, chances are it will be me. See you there!

2R5
10-11-2013, 08:08 PM
See you there Bob !

2moredoors
10-11-2013, 08:27 PM
See you there. Hope the weather in PA improves by then.

studebaker-R2-4-me
10-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Looking forward to meeting you too, Bob. I plan on being there as well to pick up some engine gaskets and odds and ends.

Allen

rockne10
10-11-2013, 09:24 PM
... to pick up another Zip Van. :!!: After all this tantalizing, you are seriously approaching this model to be used on your rural route? It's a plan neglected for too long. WAY TOO COOL! :D

Bob Andrews
10-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Yup. You must have missed, I bought one a couple months ago. But it's a little worse than represented, so I was looking for another one that would allow me to combine two into one good one. Hopefully this one will get me close to everything I need.

This will not be a "restoration" like one would give a collector car. It's more of a function/cosmetic refurbish. Fresh paint, yes, show quality, no. My goal is to have it ready for when the snow goes off the roads. Depends on how much I have to track down. One big obstacle is a windshield. But I digress. See you in Reedsville!

Bill Pressler
10-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Bob, I'm pretty certain SI has Zip Van windshields. Seriously.

Bob Andrews
10-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Bob, I'm pretty certain SI has Zip Van windshields. Seriously.

Oh, I know they do. But, they cannot ship them, and it's 1300 miles round-trip for me. Ideally I'd love to go to SB and pick one up and see what else they have for Zip Vans since they don't have a list. Im always glad to support SI. I'm just not sure when that would be possible.

So, I'm still looking to clear that hurdle.

2R5
10-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Bob , why don't you have them deliver a windshield to York?

Bob Andrews
10-12-2013, 09:05 AM
I may do that if they will. But I'm sure they're hesitant to pack a large, flat, fragile piece along with everything else they bring. If it comes to that, I will ask them to. But I have between now and then to maybe come up with a good alternative.

DEEPNHOCK
10-12-2013, 09:16 AM
I know it's just a lil' typo... But some typo's are just so delicious!:!::D

<snip>But I have between now and then to maybe come up with a food alternative.

Bob Andrews
10-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Lol! Fixed.

8E45E
10-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I may do that if they will. But I'm sure they're hesitant to pack a large, flat, fragile piece along with everything else they bring. If it comes to that, I will ask them to. But I have between now and then to maybe come up with a good alternative.

When I last saw them, they were packaged well with 2X4's around them. I expect it can withstand a trip to PA in one piece.

Craig

candbstudebakers
10-12-2013, 10:21 AM
In May of last year I brought one to California with out any problems Chris had it boxed up real well, he is the guy to talk to about what Zip van parts they might still have.

Bob Andrews
10-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Chris had it boxed up real well, he is the guy to talk to about what Zip van parts they might still have.

I did ask that here before, but Chris said he didn't know and to just call with my needs. That's fair enough, I can understand that. But if they had the zip van stuff cataloged, I could look at it and decide what to buy new and what to pursue used.

So I guess for now I will have to wing it, and see what happens.

stude1964
10-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Bob
I'll be there with my '81 Avanti for sale as well as lots of other stuff for sale. Stop by and say 'hi'. Always a great meet( except for Hurricane Sandy)!
Rob in PA.

LarkTruck
10-14-2013, 08:29 AM
We will be the there too, with tubs of used parts from the storage building, hopefully on a one way ticket. :!:
It will be interesting to see if holding it a couple weeks earlier will help attendance, both in vendors and buyers.
Lots of goodies, including a stash of NOS sheetmetal, listed on the Swap Page: www.studebakerswap (http://www.studebakerswap).com, with sellers saying they can/will bring to R-ville.
J-Bob

Bob Andrews
10-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Looking forward to seeing everybody! Bring your Zip Van stuff, I'll need some! :)

rockne10
10-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Reedsville does seem to be a magnet for sheet metal.
The KRC Raffle Avanti will be there as well. Appears to be less than 800 tickets at this point.

am not r2
10-15-2013, 02:56 PM
I hope to go and am looking for a driver to take home.(yippie)