1955 Studebaker Commander to be auctioned - opening bid is $2,500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Studebaker Commander to be auctioned - opening bid is $2,500

I'm donating our family's 1955 Studebaker Commander (pictured here). It is going to be auctioned off this Sunday in Visalia, CA. Minimum / opening bid is $2,500. The car has been garaged and rarely used over the years. It's still in great shape and it's going to make someone a nice addition to their collection. If you are in the area, please don't miss the chance to pick up a really nice Studebaker for a low price. I say cheap, because this auction does not ever include cars and will have relatively low attendance. The auction will be Sunday at George McCann school in Visalia. This is part of the 30th Fatima Celebration and fundraiser for George McCann. Thank you for looking!

UPDATE: 6-2-18

It's been over 4 1/2 years since we donated our "55 Studebaker to charity. As a tribute to that car and as we start a new business here in Middle TN I wanted to share a t-shirt design we're going to use for Katie's Ice Cream. Let me know what you think!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by costatlc; 06-02-2018, 10:42 AM. Reason: Update of 1955 Studebaker
    Tom
    Three Rivers, CA
    1955 Commander 4 dr

Have you contacted all the S.D.C. Chapters in the area?

Comment

That is Bob K's stomping grounds. Where is Bob? I haven't seen him on the Forum much lately.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I know this car - I've met it's owner a time or two. Now that I think about it, I might even have supplied a part or two for it. As I recall, it was a very decent, good-running car. Of course, that's been at least 8 years ago or so. I'm hoping to significantly lighten my load of Studes and parts in the next few months, so adding any new ones is out of the question.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sold for $6,500!!
          Tom
          Three Rivers, CA
          1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Good Job I'm happy to hear that.
            Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

UPDATE: 6-2-18

It's been over 4 1/2 years since we donated our "55 Studebaker to charity. As a tribute to that car and as we start a new business here in Middle TN I wanted to share a t-shirt design we're going to use for Katie's Ice Cream. Let me know what you think!

(See photo of design attached in the original posting above)
              Tom
              Three Rivers, CA
              1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

I think I would like to buy one of those T-shirts if it comes in 100% cotton.
                RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                  I think I would like to buy one of those T-shirts if it comes in 100% cotton.
                  Me too. I don't even mind the red 1955 Montclair in the background since I owned a red 1956 Montclair (slightly different side trim).
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That is a great looking color combination on that T-Shirt. Looks familiar! Yes, I am interested in a couple of T-shirts too!

Comment

I'd be interested in one of those T-shirts as well.
                      Its almost T-shirt weather in Maine.
                      Ordering information? Thanks!

Comment

Thank you so much for the interest in the T-shirts that we're having printed. The first batch with the Studebaker art will be done on Wednesday (6/13/18). For now, we've set-up an IndieGoGo site/campaign to promote the ice cream shop and sell some t-shirts. I'm headed on a road trip with the kids from Tennessee to California leaving on Thursday and I'll post a new link when I get back at the IndieGoGo website here: https://igg.me/at/KIC
                        We'll be hitting the road and tasting ice cream between here and California so if you know of any great stops in Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, Las Vegas, St. George, UT, Denver and in between - let us know! Follow along our adventure at #KICRoadTrip
                        Tom
                        Three Rivers, CA
                        1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Important to me... are the T-shirts 100% cotton, or are they a blend of cotton and polyester?
                          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

The shirts are all Hanes Beefy-Ts - 100% Preshrunk Ringspun Cotton - not a blend.
                            Tom
                            Three Rivers, CA
                            1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Received the T shirt today, very pleased. Thanks, Tom.
                              JimKB1MCV

Comment

Working...
                              X