62 to 64 Lark two tone steering wheel colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 to 64 Lark two tone steering wheel colors

I have a question about the white shade on the Lark steering wheels.

Stude Larks had solid and two tone color wheels. The two tones were shades of white and a color. I have a couple of these wheels and on one the white is sortof "off-white" and the other is a brighter "more white white".

It reminds me of the steel rims where the 63s are more tan and the 64s are more white.

My question is, what is the proper white for the 64 larks? The more off-white or more white color?

And, does anyone have an NOS two tone for sale?

Thanks

Here is an NOS example if it helps:

Comment

Nice 1964! I'm digging the redline tachometer, 4 speed and the split bench buckets combo.

Allen
      1964 GT Hawk
      PSMCDR 2014
      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
      PSMCDR 2013
      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

If you go to a store that carries Duplicolor toich up paint and buy the Wimbleton White, it is a perfect match. It is a ford color.

Comment

58PackardWagon, are you talking about Wimbleton White for the steering wheel for 64? I knew that was the match for the rims but wanted to verify that its for the steering wheel also. thanks

Comment

Studefan I know what you are saying. I thought I had used it on a 64 steering wheel too and that it had worked.

Comment

Since The International Tennis Hall of Fame is only about 20 miles from where I live , I have to pipe up- it is Wimbledon White not Wimbleton White! <G> (That and my sister owned a '64.5 Mustang Convertible in that color)
              Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
              If you go to a store that carries Duplicolor toich up paint and buy the Wimbleton White, it is a perfect match. It is a ford color.

Comment

Working...
              X