No announcement yet.

Cereal Box prize ( studebaker red ball)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cereal Box prize ( studebaker red ball)

A friend gave me a cereal box prize , a red ball studebaker badge ,about 3 inches tall , with two tiny holes at the top . Has anybody heard of these ? Are they worth anything , on the back the orignal owner has a price tag of $49.50 . It must be old if is the red ball logo. Has turning wheels ever done a story on them? Thanks Mike
    Attached Files

See them all the time....
    Sixties stuff. It is not old old...
    I have bought several off ebay for less than $10 each...

Originally posted by 14x7 View Post
    A friend gave me a cereal box prize , a red ball studebaker badge ,about 3 inches tall , with two tiny holes at the top . Has anybody heard of these ? Are they worth anything , on the back the orignal owner has a price tag of $49.50 . It must be old if is the red ball logo. Has turning wheels ever done a story on them? Thanks Mike
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Brought up not long ago: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=cereal

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        See them all the time....
        Sixties stuff. It is not old old...
        I have bought several off ebay for less than $10 each...
        'Beg to differ, Jeff; not 1960s.

I believe these were packaged and marketed only in the 1950s, and mid-50s at that. They really are going on 60 years of age, if not a full 60 years already.

I personally remember opening the cereal boxes to get them, distinctly remember Nash, and have my Studebaker and Packard ones today, as mentioned in the earlier thread.

By the 1960s, the red ball Studebaker logo would not have been used, and Packard and Nash were history. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What Jeff said as to price, though; $49.50 for one of them is ridiculous.

That ought to buy a whole set of them, and I'm not even sure how many were in the whole set. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

OK...OK.. What's a decade when it was 60+ years ago.
            Forgive me
            What month was that Cheerio's promotion, anyways
            Jeff

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            'Beg to differ, Jeff; not 1960s.

I believe these were packaged and marketed only in the 1950s, and mid-50s at that. They really are going on 60 years of age, if not a full 60 years already.

I personally remember opening the cereal boxes to get them, distinctly remember Nash, and have my Studebaker and Packard ones today, as mentioned in the earlier thread.

By the 1960s, the red ball Studebaker logo would not have been used, and Packard and Nash were history. BP
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Not Studebaker,but from 50s

I found this in the basement of my father in law's home. We were cleaning home up to sell. It is Pontiac, but I still thought it was neat!
              Attached Files
              Randy Wilkin
              1946 M5 Streetrod
              Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
              X