PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Altman estate auction.

STUDEMAC
10-08-2013, 11:08 PM
on october 26th i will be a ring-man in the estate sale of
ARNOLD & LILLIAN ALTMAN. Arnold was the president of avanti motor company. i was asked today to be a ring-man in an auction is south bend come to find out who it was for. you can check out the listing for the auction the address times and other info are there.
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=1924631&kwd=&zip=46544&category=0

I will be driveing my champ to the auction, anyone that goes come talk to me at the auction let me know your a sdc member. Ill be the young kid in the ring.
I'm not sure what's there other than what's in the pictures being sold. I hope to find some cool stude related stuff at the sale.

StudeRich
10-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Interesting, Nate Altman was the former owner of Avanti Motors, I wonder who Arnold was, a Brother?

stude dude
10-09-2013, 05:01 AM
Arnold was Nate's younger brother. He took over the presidency in 1976 I think.

Chris.

Gunslinger
10-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Correct...Arnold assumed Presidency of Avanti Motors after Nate's death in 1976.

plwindish
10-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Recently a company was listing a yellow on yellow Avanti Coupe , 76-80 vintage for sale in Hemmings. The listing stated the car was previously owned by Mrs. Altman, but I don't think it mentioned which Mrs. Altman. I don't believe the listing is still up. The car was too yellow, it should have had a large French's Mustard vinyl wrap on the sides of the car.

Gunslinger
10-09-2013, 09:13 AM
When we bought our '70 Avanti and I got a copy of the build sheet for how it was originally set up, all my wife could say was "the 1970's weren't known as the tasteless decade without reason!" Thankfully, when we had the car reconstructed, my wife's taste in color and interior was far better than when it was first built.

Regardless of which Mrs. Altman owned the car you mentioned, it wouldn't have been unusual for family and staff members to own Avantis...after all...they got the family and friends discount! If nothing else, the car could have been factory owned and they simply used a dealer or manufacturers tag on it.

bezhawk
10-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Some of the furnishings could be used in the Avanti House Don Linder is re-habbing for the future Avanti collection.

STUDEMAC
10-09-2013, 10:41 PM
i think there should be some stude related stuff somewhere in the auction.

studegary
10-10-2013, 12:43 PM
i think there should be some stude related stuff somewhere in the auction.

Or at least Avanti items.

STUDEMAC
10-10-2013, 08:14 PM
anything would be nice. im going to be there anyway hopefully ill get to see some cool stuff.