Elburn IL Lions Club Car Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elburn IL Lions Club Car Show

The Elburn IL Lions Club Car Show yesterday had a lot of Studes in attendance. A 36 Pierce Arrow, 39 Stude Coupe, 47 M5, 58 Packard Hawk,2 63 Avantis, R1 & R2, 2 64 Cruisers, 75 & 76 Avanti II's. The show was well attended with over 300 cars and trucks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by plwindish; 10-07-2013, 06:09 AM.
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Why would anybody put a small block Chevy in a Pierce Arrow??? (I found out it does). An old fire engine could give up an original designed Pierce V12, and it would be a better car for it. To me, that's like ripping out a Ferrari engine out of a 50 million dollar car, and putting in a Pinto engine. It's like drawing a mustache on the MonaLisa!!!
    If he spent so much money doing body, chrome etc. why stop there?

I see more animosity towards people wanting to keep their cars stock, (by the hot rodding crowd), Than I ever did by the stock crowd towards the hot rodders. (And it does come through here on this forum quite often.)
    Last edited by bezhawk; 10-07-2013, 06:46 AM.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

If one goes to car shows to see old original cars, they should have gone to a museum instead. There were a couple of original trucks like a stake bed International and a T truck with their original power plants, and an Auburn convertible with just the top bows at the show that were original. I agree about the Pierce Arrow, a car that classic should be left original. As I'm sure you are quite aware of, the owner's wallet drives the type of restoration done to these cars today.
      sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

That's exactly the thinking I get Paul, Only original cars should be in museums, and never restored to be enjoyed publicly. It costs the same labor wise to restore a Chevette as it does a Rolls Royce. It's the materials that make the difference. Parts availability is not the question in a Pierce Arrow. The engines were made up to the late 60's . If that's what the owner wanted to do .....so be it. But for the rodding crowd to say it's a better car for being at least driven.....they're wrong. It could have been restored and still driven.
        Of course, if I disagree with anyone elses' opinion....then I must be wrong. Isn't that how todays society works?

Sorry.....not having a good day
        Last edited by bezhawk; 10-07-2013, 07:35 AM.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I think it was good looking group of cars and trucks. As far as what's driving them ,That is up to the owner and what he wants . it's his money and his car.
          Randy Wilkin
          1946 M5 Streetrod
          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
          X