Winter projects, and the quirks I like about Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter projects, and the quirks I like about Studes

Well, like it or not, Winter is on the way for our northern hemisphere members. It was a tough decision whether to move to Australia for the next six months or just hunker down and make the most of it, or at least it was until I realized I'm not retired and can't move across the world to escape the cold...yet. So because I have to be here for now, I'm going to try and be productive and knock out a few winter projects on the car.

Among the projects is tidying up the interior. I've been making arrangements with Will and Lori of Starlight Stude to order some interior bits, and I've also found a dash that I'm going to attempt to rebuild.

As I disassembled the dash, I got to the glovebox, and started taking it apart to swap out the lock. Then in a moment of inspiration, I remembered that Studebaker only had a few different trunk/glovebox lock setups. For the fun of it, I tried my key for my existing glovebox in the new dash glovebox, and sure enough, it works beautifully. You've got to love those little Studebaker quirks!

What is everyone here planning to do on your car(s) this winter, if anything?
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Getting in, starting the engine and driveing to Flordia.

Comment

What am I planning to do this winter? EVERYTHING!!!!....no not really but I want to have the entire drive line installed and brakes rebuilt by the time snow melts, keep in mind in Iowa that's well into most peoples summer So I have more time than you think. Basicly I want to have her back to the point Where she'll move and stop herself, maybe a midnight jaunt around the block hoping the cops don't notice.

Comment

I hopefully will get something done on the long dormant long roof Stude in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
          Getting in, starting the engine and driveing to Flordia.
          Better plan to make a stop in Tallahassee.

Comment

Working...
          X