bucket seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: bucket seats

Are the seat frames and foam the same between a 63 and 64 gt hawk? Reason I'am asking is I have a 64 that I'am doing a restoration on. Seats need repair but with a little work here and there could be useable in a low end driver. I want better seats than that in my 64 so will be going completely redone. But I've found a 63 that needs all new interrior. Thinking of buying it and swap out the seats from my 64 and paint it and flip it then redo that interrior for my 64.

The '63 to '64 Door Panels and Dash do not swap, but the Seats will, they should have the Vertical Pleats.

A tip on reupholstering Bucket Seats or any seat for that matter, when they get re-foamed most shops try to make them "Better than before" with extra padding.

Then you have big troubles with the Console fitting, the seat backs fitting the bottoms and getting the high bolster, low Insert correct look back again.

The best way is to have a reasonably GOOD Seat intact to match the repaired one to.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Everything will swap between the 63 & 64 but they aren't styling wise, the same. The 64 dash has an additional knee pad in front of the passenger & the bezel for the instruments is different. Same goes for the door, 1/4 trim panels and seats, different style but basically the same. The bodies on all G. T. Hawks were the same, just minor differences like the r/f inner apron between the 62 & 63 & deck lid between the 63 & 64.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I dont plan to swap out the dash panels and I know the 64 door panels do not look like the 63's. You would be able to tell it had 64 trim in it which to me would be no big deal. I just want to know if the seat frames and foam will swap from the 63 over to the 64.

Comment

The bucket seat tracks are definitely different from 63 to 64. The different parts are listed in the body parts manual.The change affected the height and inclination of the seats. Dan

Comment

Working...
          X