PDA

View Full Version : Nominations needed for the upcoming elections

9gwoman
10-03-2013, 12:52 PM
?Greetings Clubsters:

The nomination period for the upcoming elections closes November 1st and there are still several positions that have NO ONE running. I hate to see states go unrepresented so please get the word out or jump in yourselves! the following positions are in need of someone to step up to the plate:

PACIFIC SOUTHWEST ZONE - Zone Coordinator
SOUTHEAST ZONE- Zone Coordinator

CROSSROADS - Regional Manger for Kentucky
NORTHEAST ZONE- Regional Managers for Connecticut, Maine/NH?Vermont and Massachusetts and for Quebec
SOUTH CENTRAL- Regional Managers for Louisiana, New Mexico, Texas, west and east.

So, you can see, we have some big gaps. If you live in these zones please consider nominating yourself and helping us out. If you need a job description please email me at mimihalgren@hotmail.com and I will send you one. That is the fastest way to get the info.
Thank you,
Mimi Halgren

Stu Chapman
10-03-2013, 01:11 PM
For those SDC members who reside in the following zones: ATLANTIC, INTERNATIONAL, PACIFIC SOUTHWEST, SOUTH EAST, UPPER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY, and who are unhappy with their National Director, remember that those positions are also open for nomination. If you don't nominate and elect individuals that effectively run your club then you have only yourselves to blame. Just a reminder of all the troubles and tribulations we've gone through from South Bend in 2012 until August of this year.

Stu Chapman

Skip Lackie
10-05-2013, 08:14 AM
As of this morning (5 Oct), only 54 people have read this important message. Bump to top.

10-05-2013, 08:30 AM
For those SDC members who reside in the following zones: ATLANTIC, INTERNATIONAL, PACIFIC SOUTHWEST, SOUTH EAST, UPPER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY, and who are unhappy with their National Director, remember that those positions are also open for nomination. If you don't nominate and elect individuals that effectively run your club then you have only yourselves to blame. Just a reminder of all the troubles and tribulations we've gone through from South Bend in 2012 until August of this year.

Stu Chapman
The present Atlantic Zone Board member is not running for re-election. As I understand, there are two nominees for the office at present.

Stu Chapman
10-06-2013, 09:20 AM
UPDATE....It appears there will be NEW candidates for the Atlantic, International and South East Zones. Any news from Pacific Southwest and Upper Mississippi yet? There are now 94 people who have read Mimi's important message on this subject. Where are all those members who were quite vociferous about Directors' performance after South Bend in 2012? Now's your chance to constructively get involved! Keep this thread going.

Stu Chapman

avantilover
10-06-2013, 06:14 PM
I guess everyone knows how it should be done, but they don't want to do it Stu.

studegary
10-06-2013, 09:44 PM
I would like to see competition for all of the Director positions, not just one nominee for each.

9gwoman
10-11-2013, 11:07 AM
UPDATE....It appears there will be NEW candidates for the Atlantic, International and South East Zones. Any news from Pacific Southwest and Upper Mississippi yet? There are now 94 people who have read Mimi's important message on this subject. Where are all those members who were quite vociferous about Directors' performance after South Bend in 2012? Now's your chance to constructively get involved! Keep this thread going.

Stu Chapman

We have two people running for Director in the Pacific Southwest Zone: Colin Fort and Malcolm Stinson. If anyone else is interested, jump in. We are still looking for a Zone Coordinator for this zone.
Upper Mississippi valley has Duane Miller and Don Berg running for Director. Tom Sexton is running for ZC.

The Southeast Zone is very active with 4 candidates for Director: Ed Burris, Lanny McNabb, Bo Markham and Jim Kranak. We still need a Zone Coordinator to run for this Zone.

The International Zone has 2 candidates for Director: Paul Dammes and John Clements. We still need a Zone Coordinator for this zone.

The Atlantic Zone has one candidate for Director: Larry Merhaut. I understand another nomination is coming soon. Paul Johnson is running for ZC.

North Central has both incumbents running: Frank van Doorn for Director and Chuck Donkle for ZC.

Our biggest gap is in candidates for Regional Managers. It. May not be a glamorous job, bunt it is very important. Hope you can help us out.
Mimi

52 Ragtop
10-11-2013, 04:18 PM

Stu Chapman

Kind of like the country???

Jim

Colgate Studebaker
10-12-2013, 06:26 AM
I don't know why, but I first got this post this morning. I moved this year from Wisconsin to Florida, haven't gotten involved in any SDC local chapter or zone doings yet. If no one offers to take the Zone Coordinator position, I'd maybe (yes maybe) take a crack at it, so the position is not vacant. Mimi, please keep me informed, as I would rather get to know some of the folks down here before I get into a position. Thanks, Bill Van Alstyne.

Stu Chapman
10-12-2013, 09:29 AM
I don't know why, but I first got this post this morning. I moved this year from Wisconsin to Florida, haven't gotten involved in any SDC local chapter or zone doings yet. If no one offers to take the Zone Coordinator position, I'd maybe (yes maybe) take a crack at it, so the position is not vacant. Mimi, please keep me informed, as I would rather get to know some of the folks down here before I get into a position. Thanks, Bill Van Alstyne.

Bill...PM sent.

Stu Chapman

Greenstude
10-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Publishing a job description for the various positions should be useful. People don't want to offer for a position (and, in fact, probably shouldn't) without knowing what the duties are, what the time commitment is, and whether their expenses are covered.

Skip Lackie
10-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Publishing a job description for the various positions should be useful. People don't want to offer for a position (and, in fact, probably shouldn't) without knowing what the duties are, what the time commitment is, and whether their expenses are covered.
Here is a link to the new SDC bylaws.
http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/documents/Final%20approved%20bylaws%2020130805.pdf

The duties of the Board members are in section IV, and those of the Zone Coordinator and Regional Manager are in section X. More detailed info about the jobs will be in the Policy and Procedures Manual, which is currently being revised to accommodate the changes in the bylaws adopted at the 2013 board meeting. However, anyone interested in running for an office could either ask their current board member (listed on the last page of every TW, or a retiring incumbent about their duties.

Colgate Studebaker
10-26-2013, 12:42 PM
I posted a while back about the SE Zone Coordinator position, and had some very nice PM's pertinent to it. Unfortunately, now is not the time for me to take on a position of this nature. Therefore, if someone will please step up, this is an important role that needs to be filled. Hopefully, ALL the positions needing candidates will have someone to fill those positions. This is a very critical time for the future of the SDC. Thanks everyone, Bill Van Alstyne.

Deaf Mute
10-26-2013, 06:52 PM
The Job Descriptions for these positions were in the September issue of TURNING WHEELS, on page 9.