This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold Studebaker parts

I sold a bunch of Stude parts on E-Bay last week,and even though I put in my listing I only accept money orders or personal checks, I got two e-mails from buyers that both said "I sent you a Paypal"
    I don't have a Paypal account. Does this matter? Can I just cash the checks without having a PP account?
    It looks like I may be getting a few weeks off as the plant is ending production of one kind of car,and are getting set up to build a new kind. I hope to start stripping the rest of the "goodies" off the 50 or so Studebaker part cars my freind and I have. Mostly intruments and interior stuff,radios,dash parts,trim etc,as mostly everything on the outside of these cars is now junk,except glass,and Im not messing with that.. There is one set of 53 C/K grille bars that are salvageable though. Great weather for working outdoors saving useable Stude parts,the weathers cool but not cold,the bugs are mostly gone,and Ive got the time. Theres a nice 55 sedan parts car,thats got a really nice interior,and lots of M and R series trucks.
    Im also looking for winter wheels for my Kia Sorento SUV,and have been told older models of Ford F-150's have the right bolt pattern,back-space and offset,but I can't find out which years. Anyone here know?
    Ill probaly just jack her up and pull one off and try a few,but Im not really sure how you measure backspace. Does it have to be exact,or is "close" good enough. I want to mount four skinny(er) snowtires and put studs in them.
    Thanks in advance to all you gearheads(G)

They couldn't have sent you a "Paypal" if you don't have a Paypal account. Tell them either personal check or money order only and be done with it.

Personally, I can't imagine not taking Paypal. I've been using it for 3 years now and had nary a problem.

Comment

They couldn't have sent you a "Paypal" if you don't have a Paypal account. Tell them either personal check or money order only and be done with it.

Personally, I can't imagine not taking Paypal. I've been using it for 3 years now and had nary a problem.

Comment

Be careful,could be a new scam-they might be trying to get your password,or worse.As 65cruiser said,they can't send you a paypal,and they say they already have?? Something's not right.

LaSalle,Il
        61Hawk
        60Lark
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Be careful,could be a new scam-they might be trying to get your password,or worse.As 65cruiser said,they can't send you a paypal,and they say they already have?? Something's not right.

LaSalle,Il
          61Hawk
          60Lark
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Thanks guys. I just got another short message "Ill pay your way"
            Mabey he was about to try Paypal and found I don't have an account.

Comment

Thanks guys. I just got another short message "Ill pay your way"
              Mabey he was about to try Paypal and found I don't have an account.

Comment

You can pay anyone with a e-mail address with Paypal. Paypal will send you a check.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
                65 Sports Sedan(sold)
                64 Daytona HT
                63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                63 GT Hawk
                63 Avanti R1/AC
                63 Avanti R2/4 speed
                63 Daytona HT
                63 Lark 2 dr.
                62 Lark 2 door
                62 GT(parts car)
                60 Lark convert
                60 Hawk
                57 Silver Hawk
                52 Starliner(sold)
                51 Commander
                JDP Maryland

Comment

You can pay anyone with a e-mail address with Paypal. Paypal will send you a check.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
                  65 Sports Sedan(sold)
                  64 Daytona HT
                  63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                  63 GT Hawk
                  63 Avanti R1/AC
                  63 Avanti R2/4 speed
                  63 Daytona HT
                  63 Lark 2 dr.
                  62 Lark 2 door
                  62 GT(parts car)
                  60 Lark convert
                  60 Hawk
                  57 Silver Hawk
                  52 Starliner(sold)
                  51 Commander
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

Transtar:
                    Are you stripping any 63 Larks? Are you working a Talbotville? I hear they are going to ramp up for the Town Car.

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Transtar:
                      Are you stripping any 63 Larks? Are you working a Talbotville? I hear they are going to ramp up for the Town Car.

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP, that's an intriguing thought, but how would PayPal know where to send the check to? Oh, I just figured it out. Since eBay owns PayPal now, they would get your address from your eBay account information, and the email address they have on file for you is the one the buyer would use when they "Contact the seller". But still, the buyer would have to get the email address right, or you would be waiting a long time for PayPal to sort out where the check went...or didn't go.

Much better then, to set up a PayPal account, and tie it to a bank account that you use for nothing but PayPal (if security is a concern). And then, you simply let the buyer pay you quickly and easily with PayPal.

My two cents anyway (which PayPal just took from me as their fee).

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                        The Red-Headed Amazon
                        Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                        The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP, that's an intriguing thought, but how would PayPal know where to send the check to? Oh, I just figured it out. Since eBay owns PayPal now, they would get your address from your eBay account information, and the email address they have on file for you is the one the buyer would use when they "Contact the seller". But still, the buyer would have to get the email address right, or you would be waiting a long time for PayPal to sort out where the check went...or didn't go.

Much better then, to set up a PayPal account, and tie it to a bank account that you use for nothing but PayPal (if security is a concern). And then, you simply let the buyer pay you quickly and easily with PayPal.

My two cents anyway (which PayPal just took from me as their fee).

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                          The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                          The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

They don't even have to be on ebay, "person to person" payments can be made. (From Paypal web page on what the payee gets)

1. Receive an email from PayPal saying you've gotten a payment.
                            2. Sign up for a PayPal account or just log in to see the money added to your PayPal balance.
                            3. You can transfer the funds to a checking account, request a check, or send the funds to someone else.
                            4. Or just log in to see the money added to your PayPal account balance.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
                            65 Sports Sedan(sold)
                            64 Daytona HT
                            63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                            63 GT Hawk
                            63 Avanti R1/AC
                            63 Avanti R2/4 speed
                            63 Daytona HT
                            63 Lark 2 dr.
                            62 Lark 2 door
                            62 GT(parts car)
                            60 Lark convert
                            60 Hawk
                            57 Silver Hawk
                            52 Starliner(sold)
                            51 Commander
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

They don't even have to be on ebay, "person to person" payments can be made. (From Paypal web page on what the payee gets)

1. Receive an email from PayPal saying you've gotten a payment.
                              2. Sign up for a PayPal account or just log in to see the money added to your PayPal balance.
                              3. You can transfer the funds to a checking account, request a check, or send the funds to someone else.
                              4. Or just log in to see the money added to your PayPal account balance.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
                              65 Sports Sedan(sold)
                              64 Daytona HT
                              63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                              63 GT Hawk
                              63 Avanti R1/AC
                              63 Avanti R2/4 speed
                              63 Daytona HT
                              63 Lark 2 dr.
                              62 Lark 2 door