Mrs. Junkyarddog / Donna Soper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs. Junkyarddog / Donna Soper

My wife of 39 years passed on 9/24/13 , I first meet her through her Dad who was a Studebaker and Hudson owner all the way back in 1965. When I was still in high school I'd see her from time to time across from her on the other end of their yard and I'd wave to her and she'd wave back then disappear, She told me later her Dad was telling her "YOU STAY AWAY FROM THAT BOY" "LOL"
    Will her dear old Dad lost out and we were finally wed 9/7/74.

I had her in my arms and loved her for more then half my life, I have a hole in my soul that will never be filled.
    Attached Files

So sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what I could say that would help you feel any better.

Comment

'Sorry indeed to hear of your loss, Bob. All the best. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Be grateful of your time together and honor her memory. It is always sad to hear of such a loss of a loved one.

Comment

Condolences on the loss of your wife. I hope you have children to comfort you.

Comment

Our sincerest sympathies Bob. Try and concentrate on only the good times.
            Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

Comment

So sorry to hear. Remember the good times.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. Time will heal, even though it may not seem to right now. Seven years ago last month the lady I was married to lost her 20 year battle with cancer. I held her as she took her last breath, having promised her that she would never be put in the hospital or a nursing home. It was very difficult, but I was relieved that she was no longer in pain for those many years. About 4 years before she passed away, I bought a 1932 Studebaker "basket case" and promised her we would drive it around the block in 3 months. I kept my promise, she even drove it around the block too! I have good memories and good pictures from those times! God Bless...

Comment

My condolences on behalf of the Nutmeg Chapter.
                  Chip
                  '63 Cruiser
                  '57 Packard wagon
                  '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                  '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Condolences from all of us in Australia.
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Belated condolences on your loss. I am a new member to SDC & the forum. Iwas just browsing through the site and noticed your post. arthurc1946

Comment

Something made me click onto "Passings" this morning.

Bob, we have too many things in common. My wife, Marg, passed away Feb. 2012 and her maiden name was Soper. We were married 40 years. I, too, was born in '49, have a Studebaker truck, September 7th is significant for family births and grandparent's wedding, and have a large hole in my soul.

So very sorry for your loss. My best wishes are with you on your grief journey. Condolences to all the family.
                        Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                        61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                        Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                        Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

My Grandfather was from Canada

Comment

Condolences and prayers from NYC.
                            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Can I get some more information on Donna Soper for this years SDC Remembrance project? I am putting the finishing touches on this years SDC Remembrance Project for those members we have lost in the last year. if you have had an SDC, AOAI, or ASC member pass on I would need to know to enter his name onto the list. If you know of an online OBIT from a funeral home or local newspaper I could use that information as well. Also, if you have a written tribute from your chapter newsletter please forward it to me. Pictures of the member and his Studebaker are always welcome but a copy of your chapter logo could help to fill out the page as well. Thank you for your time. Please feel free to contact me at: Crisitel@rci.rutgers.edu
                              T442163
                              Crisitel@oit.Rutgers.edu

Comment

Working...
                              X