where to find 1962 champ mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to find 1962 champ mat

my champ has some old green carpet i dont care for. what do you recomend i put on the floor? i was thinking some kind of mat. any ideas would help

Do you want an ordinary rubber pickup truck bed mat, Corey? If so, measure the exact dimenions of your Champ's bed floor. Then buy a truck bed mat from Auto Zone, O'Reilly's, etc, for a slightly larger truck bed. Cut it down to fit your truck's bed. Obviously, be sure to buy one that is large enough to allow you to trim it.

To save money, you might even investigate several large car clean-up shops in your area. Go 'round back and see if they have any bed mats they've taken out of vehicles they've cleaned up. They might even give you one for free. If not, I would think only a few dollars would buy one of them. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If you are looking for a floor cover for the cab, you will probably have as much luck as finding original seat covers and door panels - there is very little out there.

I ended up with a rubber mat for a Lark (61 or later - not sure). I had to cut holes for the clutch/brake pedal and it did not go very far along the side of the seat, but it was better than the blue shag stuff that was in there. Photo below is the best I have - but it is quite dirty...

Comment

Years ago I bought a NOS floor mat that was supposed to be for a Champ. It wasn't. Not only that but the rubber had become brittle & tore even when you handled it carefully.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I'm looking for a rubber mat to cover thw whole floor thw carpet at to go

Comment

I'd also like to find a rubber floor for my 62 Lark. Anyone have any leads?

Comment

Working...
            X