Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1958 Packard barn car - a very expensive restoration though!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Packard barn car - a very expensive restoration though!

Click image for larger version

Name:	58 packard barn car2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1740749
    This one dug out of a shed about 1/12 hours from me last month. It even has air! Not sure what will become of it.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Is that Sue's car? If it is, I wouldn't be surprised if she has the thing restored..

Comment

'Dang it, Dick...it's too late for the Lambrecht Auction or it would have gone for at least 20 Large.

('Must've been right around the corner, too, if it was only 1/12 hours from you. That's only 5 minutes! )BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'd hate to see what the frame looks like- if there is still one under it...
        Seeing those stains on both tires/rims, and up the side of the car tell me one thing-- nice parts car!!!

StudeDave '57
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
          Seeing those stains on both tires/rims, and up the side of the car tell me one thing-- nice parts car!!!
          Are you saying it met the same fate as this poor Mustang did?

Craig

Comment

Maybe put it on a frame from a solid Hawk! There are less of these than Hawks around! That would be a switch! By the way, is it black or Shadowtone red? Rare bird with A/C!
            Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post

StudeDave '57

Comment

Hi

Wonder what serial number it is, maybe a late production car?

Steve

Comment

Well...if any of the dozens of phoney reality car themed "Reality-Restoration" shows had any gonads...they would take on a project like this, instead of the ordinary "belly button" (yawn) junk they keep churning out.

Of course, that would involve real sweat, dirt, money, and difficulty. Then, it would also involve a higher level of dialog and conversation that seems to escape most of the existing crews. Most of the Packard and Studebaker parts vendors, I know, would not take kindly to a conversation requiring bleeps every other second.

I would probably follow one of those shows if they would tackle a job like this even if they only showed it as a parallel two season restoration project in bits and pieces as they churn out dozens of the "easy" junk.

A quality build of a car like this would also mean no phoney deadline either. That is about the only way my fertile imagination could justify the expense of restoring a car like this. After the job is complete, then, a charity auction for a future owner.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That Mustang reminds me of a Johnny Cash song--How High's The Water Mama?

Comment

Originally posted by Son O Lark View Post
                    That Mustang reminds me of a Johnny Cash song--How High's The Water Mama?
                    That car was at a show & shine held in a town 35 miles south of here that was severely flooded last June. The organizers and the town insisted "the show must go on", and it was a huge success. It was a morale booster for the residents.

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Calgary Herald offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Craig

Comment

If there could be a bright side to that disaster, at least it wasn't salt water!

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]28190[/ATTACH]
                        This one dug out of a shed about 1/12 hours from me last month. It even has air! Not sure what will become of it.
                        Keep us posted if you find out the plans for it. Hope it can be saved.

Comment

Working...
                        X