PDA

View Full Version : '62, '63, '64 GT Hawk on eBay

StudeRich
09-30-2013, 09:12 PM
This is one of those "I wonder if it's a scam" kind of eBay Ads. I sure hope it is for real for the sake of the poor 6 or 7 bidders that placed 15 bids so far all the way to $8101.00 !! :ohmy:

It's another "IT", a most likely '62 advertised as a: " '64 Hawk hawk 8E-12 Base 4.2L" a LOT for an IT.

It has '63 Side Grills, a '62 Grille, '63 Fender Top Fins/Lights, '62 looking Doors without the '63-'64 Chevrons, '62 Wheel Covers just a mishmash of parts.

But we have seen these before advertised as wrong cars, wrong years this one a 3/4 Ton Truck AND a '64 which it is NOT, two Ad titles, usually somewhere in Calif. by different named individuals who seem to not know what they are selling and you wonder if they actually could OWN a Car like this, not knowing what they are selling, no Serial Number (VIN) no License Plate, poor description etc., etc. ????????? :confused: :( I believe THEY were scams.

The only thing that could make this guy creditable is he does have a Phone number, and he could be OK, but it makes no sense to not properly promote your Car if you expect it to sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-Studebaker-8E12-Base-4-2L-/121185729378?_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true

Bob Andrews
09-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Happens all the time, and I always wonder why they think it's worth trying. There is always spellcheck, and one can always have someone proofread it. Instead, they list a 'Hawk Hawk' that 'rans and drive good'.

Interestingly, his feedback only shows one, and it's a negative, to which his response is "The buyer know the complet eng is $1000 statrter+ agenretor +desrepter".

Maybe he's an immigrant who is not good at the language, but the above still applies.

JoeHall
09-30-2013, 10:20 PM
There's lots more feedback. He has bought 118 items, and highly regarded as a buyer. The one item he sold (LaSalle motor) he got slammed on the feedback. Looks like he's a much better buyer than seller ;)

The car looks legit albeit mix-matched 62-64. He may not know exactly what it is.

sweetolbob
09-30-2013, 10:58 PM
There's lots more feedback. He has bought 118 items, and highly regarded as a buyer. The one item he sold (LaSalle motor) he got slammed on the feedback. Looks like he's a much better buyer than seller ;)

The car looks legit albeit mix-matched 62-64. He may not know exactly what it is.

He was able to know enough to put the 8E12 in the description but conveniently omitted the VIN, which Ebay provides the space for but does not require on cars older than 80. Everything else was quite well filled in. I'm not saying that it's a scam but I'd proceed carefully. He seems to like 60's era Cadillac Parts so I would think the Ebay membership is valid

OTOH, I've made my best deals on Ebay on questionable listings but you need to be careful.

Trust but verify, Bob

STUDEMAC
09-30-2013, 11:43 PM
there is no description for this mut in the listing i would be afraid to bid because there is no info. its a nice car if its legit.

StudeRich
10-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Guess what SURPRIZE, Surprise, surprise!
It looks like he took my advice and rewrote the ad with many improvements, the $8101.00 Ad is still running out with reserve not met.
But the New one is also running, he got rid of the "1964" and the reference to a '64 Truck but here is the BIG Surprize...it appears to be a Disc. Brake '63 4 Speed R1 Hawk!! :!:
It now turns out it is actually a DIAMOND in the rough!

Advertised as a "259"! Now an Engine Number and Serial Number are really needed, also has NO Title! :(

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/VAYAAOxygKZSSzgm/$(KGrHqZ,!qYFIyGWW)uOBSSzgm,5MQ~~60_3.JPG
It will be fun watching him cut it in half down the middle if two buyers win it! :D

StudeRich
10-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Bump, a lot of you may have missed the latest NEW news on Post #6 so this is just a "Heads Up".

GinettaG12P
10-03-2013, 06:33 PM
I contacted the seller to ask if he had clear CA title in his name and if there was any rust on the car. His answer was NO PAPERS, NO RUST