It's Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Alive!

Took my 62 Lark to my town's Cruise Night Friday night. The last time it was there 3 years ago it was stone stock. Now has 327 Chevy, Muncie M21 4 speed and Ford 3.73 rear end. It's been a lot of work finding time over the last 3 years but worth it. It runs great and feels really fast. No joking, people were looking at it and asking questionsa ll night. Many didn't know what it was. It was awesome to see the interest in my little Lark in a sea of expensive pristine muscle cars. Thanks to everyone on the forum for help with my many questions and parts searches. Now to work on the NOS interior. Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (23).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	1740737Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (24).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	1740738

I love the cream wheels, no caps and bigs and littles!

Congrats!
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Very cool! I bet you are walking on a cloud.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

hey, that`s really cool. looks like a nice clean installation. congrats, Junior.
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
          I love the cream wheels, no caps and bigs and littles!

Congrats!
          Funny thing I was planning the sleeper look, and actually had the Stude wheels widened for the rear so I could use the dog dish hub caps but when I saw how it looked without them and the front bumper and then heard it run, there's no fooling anyone, so I think I'm leaving it as is.

Comment

Looks good, Dougie. Did anyone note the irony of your having the car in front of Edward Jones Investments...you know, as to what constitutes a good investment?

(I see you live in Roselle IL. Drive by 308 East Turner there in Roselle and you can see where The Plain Brown Wrapper, cousin George Krem's 1964 Challenger, lived for the first several years of its life, right there in Roselle. ) BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

VERY nice! I like the period correct drivetrain. As if built back in the day.

I know what you mean about the hub caps. Or better said lack of. I have a '73 Valiant with Mopar Cop Car wheels. The drilled out hubcaps are somewhat rare and pricy. I have a set of "10 footers" but when installed the car just doesn't look better. So, while they state "Hey, I've got myself a set" they remain in the trunk to the betterment of the car.

Again, a VERY sanitary car you have there!

Tom
              '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I agree the period correct is nice, kinda like Dick's S2D. Has a good "don't screw with me" look. Not the Kinda car you wanna meet at the stop light.

Comment

Dick took the words right out of my mouth!! Cool looking Lark.
                  1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    Looks good, Dougie. Did anyone note the irony of your having the car in front of Edward Jones Investments...you know, as to what constitutes a good investment?

(I see you live in Roselle IL. Drive by 308 East Turner there in Roselle and you can see where The Plain Brown Wrapper, cousin George Krem's 1964 Challenger, lived for the first several years of its life, right there in Roselle. ) BP

I know right where it is. Backs up to Trinity Lutheran My kids didn't go to Trinity Lutheran, but have been in there many times for everything from Cub Scouts to basketball.

Comment

I really like the clean look under the hood. No fancy billet or braided flashy hose, just business like. Nice work!
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

That is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. From my previous posts you might know the paint is old and thin in spots, but patina is in so I'm leaving it alone. I have a new headliner and NOS seat covers that I'n going to install this winter. Door panels ar in good shape. I am still debating whether to put in new crapet or make a rubber floor.

Comment

Totally nice!!!
                            & a 327... wow that brings back fast lovely rubber-smelling memories...

Comment

Working...
                            X