Truck oil seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck oil seals

I'm redoing the brakes on my 2R16-31 tanker truck and I would like to replace the front and rear oil/grease seals. Does anyone have any part numbers that they can give me for modern double lipped rubber seals to replace the leaking old felt type seals with?
    Thanks
    Bob Picard

Bob Picard
    1951 2R16A Fuel Truck
    Anchor Point, Alaska

Bob; the Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com have the original front seal: 665604 I believe it is felt, but may be neoprene. But the felt ones worked fine for over 50 years. The rear inner and outer seals for 2R16 are no longer available.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If you can use a micrometer measure OD and width of seal and shaft size, then go to http://www2.chicago-rawhide.com/ and click on seals north
      america parts lookup. You can enter size desired and it will list any matches. You can use interchange listed under parts lookup if you have a number and it may give you a crossover. The #665604 is crosses over to skf 22411. If nothing is available a slightly smaller shaft size will work
      if od is ok. I had the axle retainer on a flanged #44 machined(.30") to except larger diameter which is a possibility if all else fails.

Comment

Working...
      X