A century on wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A century on wheels

A friend of mine, Jeff Ryder, gave me a book today...."A CENTURY ON WHEELS" The Story of Studebaker..... a history, 1852-1952 by Stephen Longstreet. Jeff found it in Petaluma at a used book store. Very cool find.
    John Brayton

John, the book has been around for years I think I have 2 of them....Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

There were 50 copies only that were leather bound with each being signed personally only by Stephen Longstreet in Dec 1952. Maybe 4 have come to light amongst Studebaker memorabilia collectors.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
      MELBOURNE.

Comment

The book is popular again, and was recently reprinted in paperback....
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

was there only a first edition, 1952? I have one, not leather, not signed, but like new.
          sigpic
          JohnP, driving & reviving
          60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Yes, the only edition was the first edition. I was unaware of them being copied, but Ed got a bunch of them and SI now sells them. It's a great book. In fact it's one of only a few novels I ever read cover to cover in high school...
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

In fact it's one of only a few novels I ever read cover to cover in high school.
              Novel? No.
              But it's good you read it all the way.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I've had my copy for many years. I take it down from my bookshelf every so often and enjoy it each and every time.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                X