37 Studebakers clean up at Outkasts car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37 Studebakers clean up at Outkasts car show

Last weekend I and several members or the local club went to Mitchell, SD for the Outkasts Car show. When registering my 37 President coupe the gentleman said there was another 37 Studebaker coupe registered. Amazing! It was a extremely well done hot rod 37 Dictator coupe from Minnesota. The owner was staying at the same motel, so we had a good time talking Studebakers.
    To top it off, there were 150+ cars at the show and the two Studebakers each took home a Top Five Award.
    Attached Files

White is spot on. cheers jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Congratulations!!! Nice photos .
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Looking good. White can be a very rich color in itself.

Comment

Cool! Does he have the hood for the hot rod?
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

His coupe was in pretty bad shape and the hood could not be saved. He used the front of the hood and what he could save of the grill on his front end.

Comment

Awesome!...get one of these photos on the cover of TW...nice contrast, stocker vs modified. cheers, Junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I love a good black and white photo. Great cars - both of 'em!
                '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Great cars....but I do like a hood on a flowing body style like that (as opposed to a Model A or "T" Bucket or more boxy rod body). I've always wanted a big blower like that..what engine is in the rod?
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I'm not sure what engine but I do know it is 700+ HP.

Junior - Mine is modified also but I wanted it to look stock. The only way one can tell on the exterior is the dual exhaust for the "Thunderbolt" 283.
                    I tried to keep the interior as original as possible also.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 5brown1 View Post

Junior - Mine is modified also but I wanted it to look stock. The only way one can tell on the exterior is the dual exhaust for the "Thunderbolt" 283.
                      well, ya fooled me...but I won't tell anyone if you don't... I still think the photos are awesome, especially the first one. Send it to Ann. cheers, Junior.
                      ps, what trans is your car??
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I have a TH350 transmission. I built my own disc brakes using the original front hubs. Ann who?

Comment

I have a TH350 transmission. I built my own disc brakes using the original front hubs. Ann who?
                          Ann Turner...editor of TW. tweditor@shaw.ca
                          sigpic
                          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Wise move on your part. The '36-'37 instrument clusters, especially the Presidents, are among the most beautiful in the business...like a fine watch.

Congratulations for your awards and compliments on your tasteful restraint on this beautiful car.
                            Andy
                            62 GT

Comment

Working...
                            X