Truck stolen at Good Guys Indianapolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck stolen at Good Guys Indianapolis

This truck was stolen from the Airport Ramada Inn in Indianapolis last weekend during the Good Guys Show. It belongs to Dennis Quinn of Washington, Illinois. Be on the lookout.

You don't see a '49 to '53 Chev. Extended Cab everyday, if it is still Stateside it would be very easy to spot.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      You don't see a '49 to '53 Chev. Extended Cab everyday, if it is still Stateside it would be very easy to spot.
      BINGO! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I've been looking at a system on the internet that is nothing more than a small black box that you wire in and hid in your car. $150 for the box and $30. for the service per year. If your car go's missing you can find it by GPS on any smart phone or computor.
        Last edited by swvalcon; 09-26-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Here's the story as it appeared on the front page of today's Indianapolis Star:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...after-car-show
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Was a Studebaker stolen? Can't find it listed in the article. Dan

Comment

Apparently no Studebakers were stolen, Dan.

'Spose the moderators could move this topic to Stove-Huggers. BP

Comment

I put it here for a few reasons. More people view this part of the forum than the others and it's easier to upload a picture here. Also, this does apply to Studebakers. It could have been anybody's car in this situation. We all (Studebaker folks included) need to be aware of what can...and obviously does happen to our cars when we're not paying attention. Perhaps the moderators could leave it here AND copy it to 'stove huggers' as well so more people will see it.

Comment

About 15 years ago, a racing friend was following a traveling series through Canada. His gooseneck trailer contained two high-dollar DIRT modifieds, plus spare parts, tools, and equipment. The Chevy dually was a year old. One morning they came out to find the whole rig GONE. The thieves were never found. A couple months later, the truck was found in a gravel bed, burned out. Insurance covered less than half of the $250K loss. The culprits were never caught. Incredibly, this has happened more than once in Canada.

When I transport a customer's classic car, I tow the enclosed trailer with a van I have set up with a bed, and I sleep in it. I stop in rest areas, truck stops, or well-lit parking lots, and shower at truck stops. No way I could sleep in a motel with someone's expensive car sitting outside, in the trailer or not. I'm a light sleeper, and use double locks, so there's no way anyone could mess with my rig without me knowing.

It's just the world we live in today.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Bob. your system is good but if someone wants it they will find a way. All it takes is for you to go take a shower or use the bathroom and when you come out it's gone. Thats why I'am looking at the Gps system. As long as It can be picked up on the system you know right where it's at. Picture their face when you show up with the cops to get your car.

Comment

A few SDC International Conventions back in South Bend, a late model pickup, enclosed trailer and Studebaker inside were stolen during the night from the parking lot of the motel where we were staying.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                        I've been looking at a system on the internet that is nothing more than a small black box that you wire in and hid in your car. $150 for the box and $30. for the service per year. If your car go's missing you can find it by GPS on any smart phone or computor.
                        Is this similar to LOJACK?
                        Ed Sallia
                        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Not sure it's just a small black box with a ant. and anywhere you can get a signal they can tell you where it is. So I'am guessing if it a place like my shop that is all steel inside and out it may not work as my cell phone wont work in the shop. Thats the only part that I dont like about it. But if they where stupid enough to try to drive it you could pick it up. Or if in a wood type garage. I think I have the site saved I'll see If I can post it.

Comment

I could'nt get it to post but the company is RMT[Rocky Mountain Tracing Inc.] The system I was looking at is called Smart TRacker GPS-3100 With a base price of $149. plus the cost of the service and you can get that up to 3 yrs.

Comment

Working...
                            X