Wheaties Studebaker emblem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheaties Studebaker emblem?

I was wandering through an antique mall with the wife yesterday when I spotted a showcase with a dozen or so automobile emblems. The tags read "from 1950s Wheaties cereal boxes". They included Chrysler, Dodge, Hudson, Nash and one lonely Studebaker. Interestingly the Studebaker emblem was the highest priced at $10. So, I may have overpaid, but I told myself that I had never seen that one and I want it. It's only money. Anyone familiar with these emblems?
    At an adjoining mall I saw a promo-sized '52 Starlight Coupe. I have never seen a '52 toy before. Anyone have one? The same vendor also had two of the '50 remote control cars, neither complete and a very nice larger scale (1/23rd??) Avanti in the box, gold with the red interior- $79. I didn't buy any of them- no space left in my curio cabinet.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Yes on the emblems. Have a set of them mounted in a small case. Set also includes Plymouth, Kaiser and Willys.

Comment

They are all over eBay. I think $10 is fine.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Nice find.

Comment

You either got one in a specially marked box, or you could send in boxtops and $ for the set.

Comment

Here's the Packard one, Paul:

I used to have several of them, but some wandered off through the years and many moves. I remember getting them in the specially-marked cereal boxes, so the ones I have (somewhere!) I've had since new. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I have one of those, have had it for years, but never knew where it came from. Also I had always assumed the two holes in it were added as some point - now I know!
              Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
              \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                I have one of those, have had it for years, but never knew where it came from. Also I had always assumed the two holes in it were added as some point - now I know!
                Nope, Eric; they all had two holes in them, as shown in the Packard emblem.

(And I just found my Studebaker one! It looks exactly like Paul's in Post #1.) BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I used the two holes with wire to hang my Studebaker Wheaties sign under the rear of the Seat on my 1952 Schwinn "World Traveler" 3 Speed (Racer) Bicycle.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                    I found mine in up state NY. I, as Eric, did not know where it came from.
                    sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

That is precisely what the original cereal box promo was for.....
                      (Not sure of the year)
                      Jeff

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      I used the two holes with wire to hang my Studebaker Wheaties sign under the rear of the Seat on my 1952 Schwinn "World Traveler" 3 Speed (Racer) Bicycle.
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

They even had a set for some of the foreign makes.

Comment

Have been wondering around the Hershey Swap meet today. A vendor there has a collection of nearly all the Wheaties emblems. He is asking $10.00 for each and has duplicates. One was still in its wrapper.
                          sigpic
                          55 President Deluxe
                          64 Commander
                          66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Working...
                          X