Window regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Window regulator

What is the best way to remove a drivers side front window regulator from a 54 coupe once the panel is off?
    I have worked on all area of the car except this and don't want to break the glass by forcing anything.

The rollers are shot and need replacing

Thanks Mark

Do you have the Studebaker Shop Manual? It gives a better description and Pictures than I can do here.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I believe they don't have rollers. Just guide pins that fit through the lower glass channel. They generally are bone dry after a couple of years, and need lots of lubrication.
      Last edited by bezhawk; 09-23-2013, 06:23 PM.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        I believe they don't have rollers. Just guide pins that fit through the lower glass channel. They generally are bone dry after a couple of years, and need lots of lubrication.
        OK I'll grab the book and attempt to pull the mechanism out this weekend. The glass shifted in the regulator and I had to push it down to get the window to roll down. when I pulled the panel off. the regulator was pretty bent up so it will have to come out.

Comment

Wouldn't it have been nice if those pins were actually sealed roller bearings?

Comment

Working...
          X