PDA

View Full Version : 55 Dealer Book

unclemiltie
09-22-2013, 12:24 PM
These are pretty hard to find especially in the original zipper case.

Not mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261287861453?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

SN-60
09-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Great item!.....But if I'm not mistaken, this book covers only 1955 Studebakers built before mid Jan/55.....It probably DOES NOT cover the 'Second Series' or 'Ultra Vista' models built after that date. There were many changes besides the bodywork on Studes built after that date.....and it's possible that whoever wins this auction may be disappointed. (If I'm correct about this.)

StudeRich
09-22-2013, 07:27 PM
That's true, but $260.55 Plus is also hard to find these days. :ohmy:

55s
09-22-2013, 08:23 PM
I have one. "Perspectives on Value". Mine is not for sale.

This book is a beautiful masterpiece of creativity, although it does cover only the first series and the Speedster is not included.

However, it is thick and filled with glorious coloured pictures, upholstery samples and a nice story about how they were chosen by a fashion designer, several slide-outs (these are action slides similar to kid's pop up books, except that there are tabs that move to show comparative tables on Reserve Power, Working Steering Wheel, Braking, Miracle Ride, how the climitizer works, Comfort sealing. In addition there are some comparative charts to other makes - Hudson, Nash, Buick, etc. Trucks are covered as well. My book has some second series horse power corrections/updates.

One of my friends, a graphic designer, thought that this book would cost hundreds of dollars to make in the day!

09-23-2013, 07:41 AM
That's true, but $260.55 Plus is also hard to find these days. :ohmy:
A few years ago I saw one sell for $500+.

rkapteyn
09-23-2013, 08:39 AM
I have posted this once before and did not get any response but I have some upholstery samples that
someone send me ,requesting material to redo his seats and headliner on a 1955.
These were samples taken from a dealer album like this.
The sender did not include his name or address for me to return these samples or quote.
There must be an album like this around that is missing these.
I would like to return these to the present owner of this album!
I have a near mint complete copy of this 1955 dealer album for sale including the zippered case.
I stock over 23.000 different parts for Studebakers and thousands of catalogs ,dealer albums and service bulletins.
I am old and slow , so please have patience.

Robert Kapteyn
815 722 7262

unclemiltie
09-23-2013, 08:52 AM
This one sold for a little over $300, I suspect the buyer will be very happy.

I also have one (not for sale) and I enjoy occasionally looking at it. This has to be one of the best dealer books that was ever produced.

I bought mine from a local club member whom had a real passion for 55's and I know he is looking down and smiling everytime someone opens one of these dealer books.