75th Anniversary party for Studebaker tree sign today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75th Anniversary party for Studebaker tree sign today

Today the world's largest advertisement will be honored today at Bendix Woods County Park, the home of the pine trees planted 75 years ago to spell Studebaker and are being restored to their original splendor. Studebakers will be showcased as part of the celebration so fire ems up and go for a drive. The Park is on State Rd. 2 and for you that came to the International Meet here a few years back it's the same place we got to race around the old Studebaker Test Track. Should be a beautiful day for a major Studebaker event.

You going to be out there, Tim? I plan on bringing out the Turtle since it will be the first time it has been out there since 1962, if it ever made it out of the Engineering building.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Is the tree sign still in the same location or has it been moved?
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

It's still in the same place of which I believe the Park address is on Timothy Rd. Be a nice drive from Milica today. I'm getting ready to leave now Chris so see you and the Turtle there. Also having the Michiana SDC picnic beforehand. Event goes from 1-4 today and has been getting great coverage from the press. Let's keep Studebaker in the news.

Comment

Would liked to came out for the event today but couldnt justify the 11hour round trip drive for the couple hour festivities. Tom
          sigpic

Comment

Had about 30 Studebakers and two television stations show up. Another great Stude day.

Comment

Hmmm, they can have another 75th anniversary next year. The trees were planted in 1939 not '38. Oh well hard to argue with a celebration honoring Studebaker!
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by tjanowia View Post
                Had about 30 Studebakers and two television stations show up. Another great Stude day.
                I'll say that for our chapter picnic that was the most cars I've ever seen show up out there. Had a good time, and WNDU even interviewed me standing next to the Turtle. I think my image may have broke the camera, but dreams do come true... A good looking girl asking me about Studebaker.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Had nice little stories on WNDU and Fox 28. Figured it was time to leave when I saw them interviewing you and the Turtle.

Comment

Originally posted by tjanowia View Post
                    Had nice little stories on WNDU and Fox 28. Figured it was time to leave when I saw them interviewing you and the Turtle.
                    Yeah, she interviewed the Turtle too but it didn't have much to say.
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris, when you specified a "good looking girl", are you saying that she wasn't blind?
                      Too bad that Turtle didn't bring a camera with as it would have been a pleasure to view photos of this event. Hopefully it remembers to bring a camera with for the 150th anniversary.
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Here's the link to WNDU
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Just saw you on WNDU. Your pretty photogenic.

Comment

Here are a few pictures from the event yesterday. The Michiana Chapter lucked out with fantastic weather and a great turnout for our annual Chapter picnic! There were a lot of people from the community on the hike/tour of the trees, and lots of activities for kids. Good food, and good friends in a very special place yesterday! We are very lucky.

Some of the pictures include the front of the now Nature Center at Bendix Woods, the moon buggy, and a shot of the parking lot while everyone was eating at the Michiana Chapter picnic. It pays to have some of those "Join here, Join now" flyers in your car. We actually got some new members at this event too!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X