Dixon Car Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixon Car Show

The weatherman said it would rain but they differed as to how far south the rain would come. My friend Wayne, who did the heart transplant upgrade on my truck was having his first car show in our home town so I wanted to support him in his endeaver.

I brought my 2 Studebakers and was joined by Karel Staple president Frank Smith in HIS WIFE's GT Hawk. Also joining us was our club vice president Johna Pierce in her GT Hawk. Johna said she didn't want to go if it was raining and she and hubby Rick showed up on this beautiful clear morning.

Then the weather changed. It started out as a light rain and turned into a big downpour. They moved the award ceremony inside where I received the Best Pick-up Pre 1949 trophy. We also made out pretty good on the raffle winning about 7 prizes amungst us with the top prize of a beautiful quilt being awarded to Johna.

Here's some pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	DixonShow1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1740627 Click image for larger version

Name:	DixonShow2.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1740628 Click image for larger version

Name:	Dixon Award.jpg
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1740629 Click image for larger version

Name:	DixonAward2.jpg
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1740630
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Congrats on the awards and prizes. It looks like the rain didn't ruin the trophy girl's hair!

When I visit my brother in Orangevale I try and time it with the British car show they have. As I recall the last time I went it rained too.

Tom
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Good looking 'awards'!.....Congratulations Sdude!

Comment

I'm not a trophy hound, but if that's what a trophy presentation looks like, I'm all in!

Congratulations Jon! That truck certainly deserves it. Perfect!
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have gotten a lot of awards , but never 2 good looking ladies ! Than again, That wouldn't go over good with the wife!
          Randy Wilkin
          1946 M5 Streetrod
          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Congratulations Jon. Glad you had a good turn out in spite of the rain. I was up in Murphys visiting grand kids and pressing grapes, also in the rain, or I would have been there too. That is definitely a cool trophy, you will need to start a trophy case soon!
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Just had one of my young friends at work ask to see my new phone. It has a 41 megapickles camera and he couldn't understand why some of my pictures were out of focus. Especially the one with the girls in it. He took one look at it and told me to take off the plastic protective cover over the lens.

OOOps Duh.....
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
              X